Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Need advice on NF  

Author Topic: Need advice on NF  (Read 3528 times)

vreyes90

Need advice on NF
« on: Feb 06, 2007, 09:07 »
Hey everyone,

Currently I'm scheduled to leave for boot March 13, Nuclear Field. But I also have an Officer package for NUKE Officer, turned out that I qualified [was lied to by an Officer Recruiter]. I was asked to go the NUPOC VIP trip at the end of this month. I finally received the NUPOC study guide today for the trip & it freaked me out. I haven't taken Calculus/Physics/Chemistry in over 4yrs. I went to the library & borrowed bks on Math/Phy/Chem.

Background: BS in Respiratory Care [I was an engineering major 3.4 GPA transferred to a new school my sophomore yr due to rise in college tuition. The school I transferred to wanted a 3.7 GPA to get into their engineering prog. so I continued to take courses hoping to ask for a waiver into the program but was declined. Couldn't continue this route so I switched to Respiratory care b/c it was a 2yr program after u taken the required courses & it lead to a BS. - as a result I only graduated a yr late.] 

GPA 2.94, ASVAB 96, AFQT 58, 5/5/5 [Applied for NF/ PILOT/ NFO]

What are my odds of getting into the Officer program? I've reviewed the Study Guide & the only questions I can seem to ask at the ones based on definitions & basic math./chem questions.

If I go the enlisted pipeline what are the chances of later getting picked up for Nuke Officer? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2007, 09:18 by vreyes90 »

jasonmv

Re: Need advice on NF
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:53 »
I'd say you have a good chance, but that totally depends on you.  On my last DEP meeting, we had the fortune of listening to a guest speaker (who so happened to be an officer EM).  Anyhow, he was saying how he wasn't all that great in school, but he did give it his all.  Do not be discouraged if at first you are not picked up for officer!  The ensign that spoke to us told us that he made that mistake and wasn't picked up until a few years later.  You got to keep trying, you can do it.  He also spoke of how he made officer (simple stuff on how you are tested, but if you know your stuff, .  That when they review your application, they go a lot by recommendations of your superiors and by the fact that even if you weren't able to complete a task, that you did give it your ALL, without excuses.  I'd say you can do it if you put your heart and soul into what you want.  Good luck.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?