Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Steve Romanowicz

Author Topic: Steve Romanowicz  (Read 11746 times)

Offline Thee original Mongo

• Very Lite User
  • Outta the biz.
Steve Romanowicz
« on: Feb 28, 2007, 01:19 »
Steve past away in the summer of 2005, in Fort Pierce FL.
Ray Romanowicz... AKA Mongo

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Re: Steve Romanowicz
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2007, 02:03 »
Damn!  Sad to hear that.  Hadn't talked to Steve since mid-late 90's - one hell of guy - taught me a lot about recruiting, the industry and the techs my first few years here when he was at IP3.  I know its 2yrs too late but my sympathies go out to his family.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

illegalsmile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2007, 07:47 »
I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about Steve. Anyone who knows the story of his shaved head knows the kind of guy he really was.

ageoldtech

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2007, 10:05 »
I knew Steve from the old days, sorry to hear of his passing. He was a great man. I offer my belated condolences to friends and family.
“Hambone”

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:00 »
Sorry to hear about Steve. He was a good friend and will be missed.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

redmondrr

« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:36 »
Steve was the first tech I worked with when I got into the field - Brunswick 1977; reactor water clean-up. He scared the he!! outa me the first week.  Ended up, he was nothing but a big teddy bear.  Lots of growl, but no bite.  Taught me alot in a short time.  Had not spoken to him since the early 90's.  Great guy and a big loss. 

Randy Redmond

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2007, 07:30 »
I only met Steve once or twice and the first time I was a scared 17 year old who took the train to check on her dad that was in the hosptial. Steve and Jake Sasser met me at the train station in Maryland and drove me back to Calvert Cliffs to the local hangout. They were some bodyguards, no really they set me up with a room with some female techs, introduced me to the site coordinator (who gave me the keys to a rental car and $200) and saw to it that everyone treated me right.

Steve will be missed.

rombrown

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2007, 09:36 »
This is Charlie Brown.  Steve was my best friend in the world, ever.  Even after almost two years since he passed, I still think of him often.  I miss him terribly.  I met Steve at IP3 in 1982.  We worked togeather at Palo Verde and got into more trouble than I want to think about, or will ever admit.  In 1998, after his heart surgery, I flew to Florida and loaded his stuff into a Uhaul and brought him to Oregon, where we shared a place until he went back to Florida in 2003.  We looked out for each other for years, through heart problems, diabetis, and my two brain surgeries.  Everyone who got to know Steve will tell you that he was an awesome guy.  Strange as hell, but the best.  If you were Steve's friend you were a lucky person.  He always gave more than he ever expected from anyone.  Steve lived hard and he told me many times, even toward the end, that he didn't regret the abuse he did to his body.  He knew he would have to pay someday, and he did.  But I must say that he was proud that the doctors told him he would never see 40, and he made it many years past 40.  If you knew and loved Steve please reply to this posting.

kpmills

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2007, 08:03 »
A little confused, I worked with 2 Romanowicz at Turkey Point in 87 and 88, one of them being Ray (Mongo) and forgot the other's name, I was a Junior and he was my boss, was that Steve? Sorry for the confusion...

surf50

« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2007, 10:23 »
you worked for Mike. Steve was the oldest brother, who I haven't seen since the early 80's when he was working contractor training at Turkey Point. He was an imposing guy, with the shaved head and outsized personality..my condolences.

Rahrah

« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2007, 08:07 »
I went through the H.P. program at CFCC with Steve and Pete McCallister.  They both were my bodyguards and teachers.  Steve especially made sure that no one gave me grief.  I lived close to him in Florida and worked with him during the early years.  After you've known Steve you never forget him.  I never did and never will.  He was a great guy.

Ruth

haygary

« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2007, 09:14 »
Steve was one of my best friends during the old days at TP and Palo Verde.  We saw each other through some rough times, and had a lot of good times.  He was a genuine individual, and I am proud that I knew him.  The world could use a few more like him.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2007, 09:33 by haygary »

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2007, 09:18 »
I hadn't seen Steve since he was last at PV. We often would fondly refer to him as "the gorilla in a human suit." Certainly a bigger-than-life character; my sincere condolences to his family and friends.
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

GeneB

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2011, 12:27 »
Steve is a legend and was a great friend to our family. He would drop everything and fly across the country if you needed help. He was a big teddy bear and had a heart of gold. Truly a class act.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?