Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Energy Project-Need your help honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear Energy Project-Need your help  (Read 10795 times)

tigersfan455

Nuclear Energy Project-Need your help
« on: Mar 26, 2007, 01:52 »
Below is the url of a web page that i have created for my senior exit project needed in order to graduate high school.  If you would please read the website and post any comments regarding nuclear energy on this forum.  Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

http://nuclearenergy.bravehost.com

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Nuclear Energy Project-Need your help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2007, 02:48 »
Excellent work!
Is there any specific help you need from the Nukeworker community? A certain number of "hits", or a certain number of e-sigs on the guestbook? Let us know. We REALLY like to see pro-nuke sentiment in schools.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

tigersfan455

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2007, 03:09 »
Any number signings on the guestbook would be great.  All I really need is discussion from people who have viewed the website either on this forum or on the guestbook.

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2007, 04:38 »
Good job!  Interesting website - obvious that you did your research.  As someone who has worked in the nuclear industry for many years, I too appreciate the positive approach you took to our industry.
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

Rad Sponge

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2007, 05:11 »
Good job.

PM if you need help.

My background is Chemistry as it applies to nuclear power.

R/ Jason

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2007, 09:21 »
Good research.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline guppy

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2007, 09:48 »
Very nice project with a lot of information.  You should try to get a link posted on "I-am-bored.com".  You'll get millions of hits from that.
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2007, 01:13 »
Any number signings on the guestbook would be great.  All I really need is discussion from people who have viewed the website either on this forum or on the guestbook.

I signed your guestbook hopefully more here will do the same.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2007, 02:34 »
I forwarded the link to:

www.na-ygn.org

The North American Young Generation in Nuclear.

I serve as Chapter President for Calvert Cliffs.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2007, 08:57 »
I also signed the guestbook. Excellent work.

One thing that could be considered: nuclear is essentially carbon neutral (though I have seen a Greenpeace spokesman complain that the combustion engines used during construction and in backup systems mean nuclear is NOT carbon neutral). In the interest of becoming carbon neutral, "green energy" engineers are considering ways to sequester carbon dioxide from fossil fuel power plants to keep all carbon out of the atmosphere. The challenge is not only capturing the carbon dioxide, but storage afterwards. Storage as a gas would require a huge volume or high pressure.

With nuclear power, most waste products are contained within the spent fuel rods. Not only has the waste been captured, but it is in a form which allows for simple long-term storage. The dreaded spent fuel of nuclear is analogous to what other energy sources are trying to achieve.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?