Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Progress Energy 28 Day Cycle honeypot

Author Topic: Progress Energy 28 Day Cycle  (Read 3650 times)

OptimusPrime

Progress Energy 28 Day Cycle
« on: Jul 18, 2007, 03:38 »
Just curious if anyone has any insight to this 28 day cycle I heard about for progress energy where they work 7 on and then 7 off. Does the 84 hours count as 40 regular 44 overtime or what? Thanks

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Progress Energy 28 Day Cycle
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2007, 05:52 »
48 one work week and 36 in the next work week, so, 8 hour of OT.

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Progress Energy 28 Day Cycle
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2007, 09:53 »
Sounds like a shift they call the Dupont schedule, also known as rotating 12's. After coming off your long break of 8 days, you work 4 nights, then work a 3 day weekend on days, then a short turnaround back to 3 nights, followed by 4 days during regular day shift (hell week). Then off to your long break! Then you start it all over again...

The way it's set up you get your regular 40 hours plus there's about 20 hours of OT built into the schedule. If you're gonna be on shift, this one ain't bad.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?