Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sleep Apnea and De-nuking honeypot

Author Topic: Sleep Apnea and De-nuking  (Read 3656 times)

nukeswife

Sleep Apnea and De-nuking
« on: Oct 19, 2007, 03:19 »
Hello all!

First off, I want to say how glad I am I found this site! What a wonderful wealth of knowledge. I'm sure both I and the hubbs will be using it all frequently.  :D

I have a question that I hope you all can provide some information on. My hubbs is surface ELT, and it's possible that he might have sleep apnea, but we don't know for sure yet. Does anyone know if this is a condition which one can be de-nuked for? I read in the US Jobs folder that it was something someone's prospective employer was concerned about, but I can't find anything online about sleep apnea in specifics to nukes.

Any information anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and it's nice to meet you all!

mlslstephens

Re: Sleep Apnea and De-nuking
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2007, 07:13 »
Without having the instruction in front of me, all I can say is that I just reenlisted a thirty year Master Chief who has a well documented case of sleep apnea.  Good luck.

Offline flamatrix99

• Moderate User
  • I really dig you Sir...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2007, 10:57 »
My old roommate when I was in Non licensed class got out of the navy for sleep apnea with FULL disability. Yes he got a check every month because of it. I dont know your husband's love or hate of the navy but it was this guys ticket out. He wanted out and to make more money in commercial nuclear power.  Now that i think of it he was an ELT also but on subs. lolol

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:23 »
theres waivers for everything. I had to get 19 waivers to join the military.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?