Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NuStart Membership changes honeypot

Author Topic: NuStart Membership changes  (Read 5662 times)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
NuStart Membership changes
« on: Oct 29, 2007, 11:53 »
NuStart membership: One in, one out
DTE Energy's Detroit Edison subsidiary plans to join the NuStart Energy Development, while Constellation Energy will leave the consortium later this year.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/corporate/NuStart_membership_One_in_one_out-291007.shtml

Both moves look positive for new nukes (Constellation is out because they will be building EPR, and DTE in because they are now looking seriously at construction)!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Fermi2

Re: NuStart Membership changes
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2007, 04:58 »
Unless they've changed philosophy I have some serious doubt DTE will ever build another nuke, they're too bottomline of a company and nukes are a near to medium term financial hit.

Given Michigan and Northwest Ohio have been losing population I have to wonder where is the electrical demand? They may be decommissioning some of their dirt burners for all I know.

I just don't see the shareholders going for it and DTE is a slave to the shareholders.

Mike

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: NuStart Membership changes
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2007, 07:32 »
DTE in because they are now looking seriously at construction!

Detroit Edison plans to join the consortium, citing the opportunity for additional collaboration with industry peers in developing standard regulatory processes and designs for new reactors. The company is preparing a COL application for a new reactor, but has not yet decided whether or not to construct it. Detroit Edison has tentative plans to submit the COL application to the NRC in late 2008. The company operates the Fermi nuclear power plant in Michigan.

Looks more tenative, than serious.  More of a 'just in case' is the way I read it.

But I agree with your bottom line, it is continued progress in the right direction for nuclear power.

Heck, even the Dems are for Nuclear Power now! -- If only we cold get them to approve Yucca...
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2007, 07:33 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?