Facility & Company Information > Knolls (KAPL)

Knolls Atomic Power Lab - Kesselring (KAPL)

<< < (2/2)

Chelios:
If you like being a robot, you'll fit in fine. Just listen to what they say and repeat it back verbatim. If you are comfortable with someone always looking over your shoulder and second guessing everything you do, you'll be okay. If you enjoy weekly drills where minutia is treated as a major catastrophic event, you'll have a blast. The thumb rules!

Waffleman5000:
I am here now...and it doesn't sound like much has changed.  The guards still think they are special ops.  As far as work enviroment goes...I am a contractor OUTSIDE the fence doing some land work, and I like it here.  A place to stay is kinda pricey, but they give me lots of PD.

shayne:
I didn't think it was too bad there.  However I was just a Navy Operator there for 4 years prior to 9/11.  Security started changing real quick after 9/11, but I was only a few days from separating from the Navy at that point.  So I'm sure it has only gotten worse than I ever thought it was.

PapaBear765:

--- Quote from: Shayne on Feb 23, 2005, 09:26 ---I didn't think it was too bad there.  However I was just a Navy Operator there for 4 years prior to 9/11.  Security started changing real quick after 9/11, but I was only a few days from separating from the Navy at that point.  So I'm sure it has only gotten worse than I ever thought it was.

--- End quote ---

Are you guys talking about working for KAPL at the NY prototype site in Saratoga Springs or are you referring to the research site down a little more south by Schenectady?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version