Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Talk about Bartlett honeypot

Author Topic: Talk about Bartlett  (Read 368916 times)

scottt66

Re: Talk about Bartlett
« Reply #625 on: May 15, 2009, 07:58 »
i love it. rattle the cage and see who speaks out. Problems all fixed. Isnt the internet a great thing. If you guys really believe the person who wrote that post could really be a RPM one day then God help those working for that guy. I have about as much a chance at that as winning the lotto. Thanks to those who stepped up for handling the issues. Wish it didnt have to get to the point of a rant but sometimes a public rant breeds discussion.Take care all. As you can see from all the responses, while every problem cant be fixed enough complaining will get people to listen.

One last note. to those that don't like their site coordinators .... every single one that I worked for not only remembered my number but called within 3 hours of my post to see what the problem was. My last site coordinator offered to meet with me to see what a fix would be. That was a great "personal" response. i appreciate that.

i will never forget how I was treated over the phone with the office as I have NEVER talked down to or disrespected anyone ... things like this remind me not to that way.

Good luck next season

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #626 on: May 15, 2009, 08:30 »
Now Eric what about the Massachusetts Unemployment Question.   Even though Bartlett has been very good to me with no complaints, I would be willing to take a little more abuse if we could draw from Massachusetts with the main office loophole approach if available. Bring out the whip bring out the chain I would be willing to take some more Bartlett pain for the 625 a week unemployment Mass Gain!!!!!!   Less likely to have Bartlett Ranters too, LOL  Bartlett been Very Good to me, Keeping the Mass Unemployment Bartlett would be very very good to me. If I ever decided to road it again, this would be one of my main determining factor for a outage, also my loyalty factor would go up to Bartlett as I would believe most thinking Techs and I guess this would be good for their business !!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:32 by thenukeman »

Jr8black3

« Reply #627 on: May 17, 2009, 01:12 »
What do you say to Scottt66..You can take your degree and ram it up your butt,, cause it doesn't matter, end of the day you put all your fellows and ladies down. You just put all your coworkers down.I know Bartlett has always treated me right,,Scottt with three t's if you can't take the road life then go away,don't go away mad just go away..Scottt I'm sure you could land a good job at McDonalds..Just me

Melrose

« Reply #628 on: May 17, 2009, 05:06 »
Jr.....Ditto.... well said
MikeB, always a gentleman.
SloGo, didn't understand a word, but I'm sure it was 'right-on'

Scottt, you never posted where you were now.... ???
BTW, what a phukn cop out, your last post sounds like chicken shiite babblin', I'm pulling the bullshit flag on the 'ALL the SCs that called' to quell poor little Scottt's hurt feelwings comment.

I gotta say, I've only had one major issue since '87, and that was just a few years ago, I aired it on here, Mike (Bartlett) sent me a pm, I called, discussed it and he spoke to the person needing speaking to, saw Mike Ballard soon afterward and all was good. (problem was not with Ballard, but one of his counterparts)

I wonder..... if you're such an "upstanding", "intelligent" individual, why'd you leave the house ranks to fall into the pits of the contractor world?  You seem like such an easy fella to get along with.  Surely it wasn't your personality.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:11 by Melrose »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #629 on: May 17, 2009, 05:43 »
Jr.....Ditto.... well said
MikeB, always a gentleman.
SloGo, didn't understand a word, but I'm sure it was 'right-on'

Scottt, you never posted where you were now.... ???
BTW, what a phukn cop out, your last post sounds like chicken shiite babblin', I'm pulling the bullshit flag on the 'ALL the SCs that called' to quell poor little Scottt's hurt feelwings comment.

I gotta say, I've only had one major issue since '87, and that was just a few years ago, I aired it on here, Mike sent me a pm, I called, discussed it and he spoke to the person needing speaking to, saw Mike Ballard soon afterward and all was good. (problem was not with Ballard)

I wonder..... if you're such an upstanding, "intelligent" individual, why'd you leave the house ranks to fall into the pits of the contractor world?  You seem like such an easy fella to get along with.  Surely it wasn't your personality.

Flag on the play...some of us LIKE being contractors and/or HATE being stuck in house jobs...  :)

...okay...carry on with the Scott-bashing!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:47 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Jr8black3

« Reply #630 on: May 17, 2009, 09:46 »
Uncle, I'm not here to bash anybody, trust me I could be hard on a fellow like that, he just needs the cold hard truth. If you don't like it you move on. Hey maybe the grass is greener on the other side, he needs to try it. I wish scottt66 luck.. I don't understand why in todays economy ect. somebody would leave a house job to become a contractor, and then whine and cry about it..Jeez he made his own destiny.. So Scottt66 gut it up and shut up,, your not a house mouse anymore,, Scottt you singled out Bartlett, go work for some others and I'm sure we will hear you whine somemore,, your like a 10 year old that can't have a ice cream...Spoiled little brat >:(...Scottt shut up and go to work!!...

For the rest of you don't let a few idiots ruin your day at work..:)

Melrose

« Reply #631 on: May 18, 2009, 05:16 »
Roger that, UncaB,

No offense intended, I was more referencing what I took as Scottt's opinion of the contractor field, not at all mine.

I love ALL of us!!!   ;D
lol
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:13 by Melrose »

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
« Reply #632 on: May 18, 2009, 01:20 »
Dont worry Unca I fallen out of the ranks of the contractor world and into the Arm Pits of the House world as of now.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #633 on: May 18, 2009, 07:51 »
Lets "Talk about Bartlett"...

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #634 on: May 19, 2009, 01:10 »
I also went through an episode with Bartlett, similar.  I am a former House tech, a former Numanco tech prior to that.  In December last year, I confirmed for Hatch through Bartlett.  I also stated I would like to go to Farley, and then Browns Ferry.  Middle of January, I was lied to by a Very familiar recruiter from Bartlett that my release date did not match my report date to Farley.  I discussed the situation, and decided that Sequoyah and Browns Ferry would be best.  Up until Feb 1, I had no confirmation on work after Hatch, nor did Bartlett move on my wishes.  When I called to let them know I accepted work else where with their competitor, instead of reporting to Hatch, they had work for me else where, but still not for Sequoyah, nor Brownsferry.

Bartlett has a habit for making sure theirs are taken care of first.  If you are not Bartlett Blue through and through, don't depend on them.  This season, will tell their true colors.  Not able to staff and potential to lose a nice gig.  Eric, you used to take care of me, but I do believe you have lost contact with what your recruiters are actually doing to people.  There was no reason for what SCOTT went through, and there is no reason for what I went through!!  Your recruiters are doing the staffing, not you.  Get in touch with what is actually happening with your company.

Joe

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #635 on: May 19, 2009, 09:36 »
 I think you people that got the idea that this is your/perfect world need to take good look around. Banks are falling,car dealers that been around from the beginning of time (so to speak ) and to many company's across the nation are folding.I will say "azkidd" has some points. The recruiters do at times try to make deals,but there is always behind the scenes.I have seen the economic times as they are taking tolls even in the Nuke plants such as down sizing,having cut backs as never seen before.We all know times are bad and the last thing we need is to slam each other or the hands that feed us!! I've worked for Bartlett for years and seen how things has changed,but so has times.I have also worked for others and can say the same there to.I'm on a job now that started the 5th of Jan. and will see home maybe by Xmas. Those who knows me knows I never work Longterm or the summer if I can help it due to thats my time home with the Kidd's. So what I'm getting at is with times as they are we need to look out for each other ,take work as we get it  and maybe we can get through these trying times.Just remember don't judge the book until you read the whole content.The home office, personal are human with feelings to. All we can do is our best and with that may come mistakes.I to use to keep an attitude,but through the years some good people has shown me how respect,honesty and working together can make life so grand.I think maybe if you have a problem with a person/company go to them NOT TO THE PUBLIC it generally works itself out.Keep in mind Bartlett is a company out to make money just like me and you and we all know how hard that is now so work with them and I'll bet they will work with you if possible
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:50 by RELLISON62 »
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #636 on: May 21, 2009, 04:53 »
I also went through an episode with Bartlett, similar.  I am a former House tech, a former Numanco tech prior to that.  In December last year, I confirmed for Hatch through Bartlett.  I also stated I would like to go to Farley, and then Browns Ferry.  Middle of January, I was lied to by a Very familiar recruiter from Bartlett that my release date did not match my report date to Farley.  I discussed the situation, and decided that Sequoyah and Browns Ferry would be best.  Up until Feb 1, I had no confirmation on work after Hatch, nor did Bartlett move on my wishes.  When I called to let them know I accepted work else where with their competitor, instead of reporting to Hatch, they had work for me else where, but still not for Sequoyah, nor Brownsferry.

Bartlett has a habit for making sure theirs are taken care of first.  If you are not Bartlett Blue through and through, don't depend on them.  This season, will tell their true colors.  Not able to staff and potential to lose a nice gig.  Eric, you used to take care of me, but I do believe you have lost contact with what your recruiters are actually doing to people.  There was no reason for what SCOTT went through, and there is no reason for what I went through!!  Your recruiters are doing the staffing, not you.  Get in touch with what is actually happening with your company. Joe 

Hey Joe - Since ya called me out i gotta put in my 2 cents worth.   
Yes you were hired for Hatch. 
Yes we were trying to do the Farley gig after
Yes we were having difficulties trying to transfer everyone over to Farley
Yes it all worked out in the end, had you the patience to let us do our jobs
Yes you were submitted for the TVA sites and NO the recruiter you were dealing with did not drop the ball.  You were submitted and he pushed and pulled to try and get an answer but to no avail, the sites were not interested in you. 
You were offered other jobs and you were not interested in them
You waited until the week prior to start date and bagged Hatch giving us little or no time to replace you
Yes we reiterated we had work elsewhere and no it wasn't at TVA because as I stated earlier they didn't want you
Yes you still bailed on Hatch after sucking that slot up for several weeks thus blocking someone else out of an early slot somewhere
Yes I, we, will take care of what you call the "Bartlett Blue" and had you kept your word and gone to Hatch we would have taken care of you too

I do have a question for you...you made this statement... "Bartlett has a habit for making sure theirs are taken care of first"  - isn't that only good business you take care of those that take care of you?  Maybe I'm missing something, maybe we should be taking care of all the people that bagged us on jobs, backed out last minute, no showed, or tested positive prior to taking care of those that honored their commitments, helped us out and did a good job.  We try to take care of everyone that works for us and does a good job, sometimes we can help everyone, sometimes we can't...but we do try...its our job.

One more thing and I'm sure you'll get some karma added to you by those that think this is blow to that damned "company" - not only did you back out the week prior to start after holding that slot so no one else could get an early job but you jumped on with our competitor at one of the sites we service to try and back us up - nothing like rubbing salt in the wound -

What kills me is that you have the audacity to yip and yammer, about people that bust thier _ _ _ just as much as anyone, and somehow blame them to justify your actions...sad.

so to reply to your final statement I am quite in touch with what is going on with my recruiters and the company.  I hold them accountable when they screw up, I let them go if it continues -

one last question before I end this rant - Do you know the difference between a recruiter and a tech? If I fire a recruiter or a recruiter quits I never have to deal with them again...

Its been fun

Eric

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:18 by Eric_Bartlett »
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #637 on: May 21, 2009, 07:31 »

;D

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #638 on: May 22, 2009, 01:24 »
 8)
These Rants and Raves have been going on for "B" for 20 years!!
I was once one of the"golden boys". I have also been on the "double secret probation list"
Things pass and the company that still is there is "B". The others have come and gone!
But I have to say that the last 22 years have been what I would NOT change for 5 minutes. Good times, bad times, it was ALL something that helped me and I would do it all again the same way.
NOW, I am in a position that I do not have to put in the hours and travel, etc.
I live on a beach in Mexico and can stay here for as long as I like.
Guess what, "B" had alot to do with it!!
I did the DOE gigs. (don't do them unless you want your brain to shrivel.  OK, the money is good, but you will be a robot. So take the easy money and run)
Most of the people that post here, I know and have worked with many times.  My question to them is, What are you looking for in the future? Do you really want to do the hours for outages? Do you want to move to places to have a DOE job in the 'boondocks'
Maybe it is time to pass the meter to the ones coming up.

I have found that MOST of the OLD TECHS EXPECT that they are ENTITLED to a job and that all they have to do is SHOW UP because they are EXPERIENCED!!   BIG DEAL!!

I know that things are not the same as it was in the 80's. Those times can never be brought back. (I wish they could)

SOO, Try to give it a rest and stop saying that all problems can be fixed if "B" does what YOU want. It hasn't happened in the past. Now days, you go with the program, or get another career.  I did. Time to go and cook a kilo of shrimp. (cost $7)
 8)

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #639 on: May 22, 2009, 05:13 »
EB, Nice Volley!

Let-it-ride, any extra rooms available?

RG..... ;D

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #640 on: May 22, 2009, 08:16 »
As I have stated probably 17 pages back, Bartlett was very good to me.  Of course it was a different company back then.  I could call Bruce, who would put me on hold, he would call CA, now a conference call with Jim and bingo, off to San Onofre I went.  I teched for years, crept up the ladder and now I'm back home in MA, living in the country working 40s.  Not a bad life but I do miss the summers off something terrible.  27 years as a contractor and I can say the only time I fell I got screwed was with NSS on the South Africa deal.  Bartlett is a great company who still has some very excellent people working for them.  Don't back out of a commitment at the last minute, show up on time, do your job well, life could be well.
Thanks Bartlett for working with me all those years.
LM

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #641 on: May 22, 2009, 08:24 »

Funny video Blame it on the Alcohol,  In this case just Subsitute Alcohol, Blame it on Bartlett,  Blame it on House Techs,  I guess Alcohol is already their for people who party too much when working outages, Blame it on the Site Coordinator, Blame it on the All  other techs are garbage except me.   Blame it on the Recruiter who does not get me everything I want, Blame it on the NUF, DOE Core, Blame it on Eric , Blame it on everything but me. Thats Right I am Perfect, Thats Right Everyone is after me,  I never took the NRRPT even though it gets me access to most nuke sites and DOE,I do not need to know that stuff any how,Thats Right I am Entitled because I am the best tech ever, as you can see.

I think Bartlett needs a whine line and if the tech starts whining too much  they should be put on hold and Bartlett should have this as the whine line background theme song.  LOL

I think this would be funny if the Bartlett site Coordinators all played this song at the opening meeting and had big posters  and the first said Blame it on, and others had  some of what I had above and  the last one said man or Woman up everything is not Perfect and this is a outage,get  to Work LOL
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:48 by thenukeman »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #642 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38 »

The embedded is Active on this so you have to click here to get it to work directly!!!

Below wont work, Click Above

Kooler Version of Blame It!!!!!!! See above post for comment.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:40 by thenukeman »

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #643 on: May 24, 2009, 06:36 »
When they are the only choice (98 % of the time).

You definately have to pick your poison! ;D

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #644 on: May 24, 2009, 12:52 »
Body Farm.

That's what i like to call it anyway. Every staffing company's goal is to fill all available positions. Hopefully with highly qualified people.

Every utility or site has its own unique needs and requirements. i can see the juggling act that the recruiters have to put on every outage season. dealing with both finicky managements and pushy technicians and trying to please both. Sometimes they are not so successful.

I got to see this recently when the last plant i was at had to pull 15 people off the roster before the outage because the RPM started crying "budget!"

one tip to the recruiters from my experience with them; I know you're busy, but please try to read the resumes. I once sent in a resume for a job and received an email asking if i was qualified. when i scrolled down the email, there was my resume with my qualifications at the top. I felt like my recruiter wasn't paying attention.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Chimera

« Reply #645 on: May 25, 2009, 05:29 »
Eric: 

Excellent response.  I have worked for Bartlett, off and on, over the past 25 years.  What you've stated agrees with my experience with the company, for the most part.  There are always exceptions and some of them have been doozies.

My only comment would be that our "perception" of our treatment by Bartlett is just as real as whatever the home office's perceptions are.  Sometimes it's just the silence that follows after we submit our resumes for a particular posting that can be worrisome.  We out here can't see the wheels grinding in the office as you guys attempt to fulfill our requests.  We only see the silence.

I don't know what the solution to the perceived silence is.  If you attempted to respond to every e-mail you receive from us, you would never get anything done but some sort of acknowledgement would be greatly appreciated.  I do know that it is galling, after so many years as a Tech, Lead Tech, and Site Coordinator for Bartlett, to be asked by the Recruiter if I'm a Tech or a Deconner.  Yeah, I know, it's only my ego that's been pricked and I get over it.

Having said all that, let me thank you, Eric, and all your recruiters for keeping me employed and making my children's and grandchildren's birthdays and Christmases (is that right?) much more fun than they might have been.

Michael 

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #646 on: May 25, 2009, 07:14 »
OK, back to reality....

This is a business, plain and simple.

Body farm or meat factory, it's techs in and techs out.

Sometimes, yeah it seems like the company cares about you, and that is usually because the site coordinator just happens to be a real human being, and for those we all thank you.

Otherwise it's all business, nothing personal, so they say.

But there are those techs out there that have been screwed by a devious recruiter. All is not perfect and not all techs are perfect, but let the techs who have had problems tell their side of the story, hopefully with out "unjustified character assassination", cause that water downs your point. And that is where they attack your creditability, loosing sight of the truth you are trying to tell.

No company is perfect and no job is perfect. And anybody who quits a house job to see what the contractor life is all about isnt telling the whole truth about why they left, end of story.

But this forum is the perfect place to tell your story and look for advice from those who have worked the trenches, asked the questions and been lied to (from all directions), just dont make it personal. Or the Bartlett Blue Boys will come out in defense of their Sugar Daddy, and even the home office will slide in to work their "PR" magic, but its all after the fact. Where were these people when you needed them, when you were having the issues.

Where were they when they told you your favorite plant was staffed for their up coming outage and there was no slot for you. Then you call the plant and they never saw your resume and were wondering where you were, and you found out the plant was holding a slot for you and others. The fact is, trust but verify. It's not always what they are telling you, as much as what they are not telling you, just ask the "Boys from Brazil".

That is what happens. It's a business, the stories are true and they will happen again, hopefully not to you. 8)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:20 by Dream Tarheel »
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #647 on: May 25, 2009, 11:55 »
The fact is, trust but verify.

Good advice.  There is nothing wrong with a little peer checking, and verification.

Offline LOKI RAD

• Light User
  • Don't Lie To Me Again!
« Reply #648 on: May 26, 2009, 08:00 »
Agreed!  8)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #649 on: May 27, 2009, 01:02 »
OK, back to reality....

This is a business, plain and simple.

Body farm or meat factory, it's techs in and techs out.

Sometimes, yeah it seems like the company cares about you, and that is usually because the site coordinator just happens to be a real human being, and for those we all thank you.

Otherwise it's all business, nothing personal, so they say.

But there are those techs out there that have been screwed by a devious recruiter. All is not perfect and not all techs are perfect, but let the techs who have had problems tell their side of the story, hopefully with out "unjustified character assassination", cause that water downs your point. And that is where they attack your creditability, loosing sight of the truth you are trying to tell.

No company is perfect and no job is perfect. And anybody who quits a house job to see what the contractor life is all about isnt telling the whole truth about why they left, end of story.

But this forum is the perfect place to tell your story and look for advice from those who have worked the trenches, asked the questions and been lied to (from all directions), just dont make it personal. Or the Bartlett Blue Boys will come out in defense of their Sugar Daddy, and even the home office will slide in to work their "PR" magic, but its all after the fact. Where were these people when you needed them, when you were having the issues.

Where were they when they told you your favorite plant was staffed for their up coming outage and there was no slot for you. Then you call the plant and they never saw your resume and were wondering where you were, and you found out the plant was holding a slot for you and others. The fact is, trust but verify. It's not always what they are telling you, as much as what they are not telling you, just ask the "Boys from Brazil".

That is what happens. It's a business, the stories are true and they will happen again, hopefully not to you. 8)

Definitely one of my pet peeves.

Yes, Bartlett has the right to reward whoever they want to, but not at the expense of the utility.  Returnees are becoming more and more valuable as outages get shorter...you are just getting the new guy up to speed on the site-specific stuff when it's time to lay everyone off.  So when Bartlett withholds the resume of a returnee, in favor of trying to get 'their' tech another outage, it hurts the utility.  This attitude of 'Bartlett-Knows-Best' is eroding some of the goodwill they had built up with sites during the 90's.

As far as the goodwill they had with myself, having my resume withheld at my 'home' plant (in favor of techs Bartlett was trying to reward for working 'their' set of plants) is exactly the scenario that ticked me off badly enough to sign on with one of their competitors.  This was esp. galling, because I had been 'Bartlett-Blue-Through-and-Through' (with the exception of Diablo...where I was when they didn't submit my resume at 'home'...but where Bartett had originally staffed me...) for 15+ years (minus time stuck in house jobs) at that point.  So, Eric, et al, you might examine whether the short-term expedience of rewarding techs who will go to the 'crappy sites' outweighs the long-term benefits of 'playing fair' with the utilities & returnees.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?