Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu First Week on a Carrier! honeypot

Author Topic: First Week on a Carrier!  (Read 39407 times)

Fermi2

Re: First Week on a Carrier!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:53 »
Are they filled with glossy pages and usually found under the mattress of the one guy in berthing known as the "king", spending at least $50 in each port to replenish his supply of said "books"?

LMAO!!

I convinced a guy that "use" of said books at least 3 times a day would help him cure his acne.

Mike

taterhead

« Reply #51 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:04 »
LMAO!!

I convinced a guy that "use" of said books at least 3 times a day would help him cure his acne.

Mike

;D

rlbinc

« Reply #52 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:23 »
And here's a look-up for ya.....

I can think of two books that you'll use alot in quals that don't have the A4W/A1G stamped on them.

What are those books???

389-0153 and the EDM

Offline Len61

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #53 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:08 »
It's an A4W Rx plant with an A1G Steam plant. Every. Every Nimitz class CVN (at least CVN 68-72) have or had them.

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
« Reply #54 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:51 »

I never heard A1G uttered or written in any procedure in my years on the Nimitz - those being the early 80's.  It was all A4W...core, plant, everything. 
Dave

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #55 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:27 »
389-0153 and the EDM

Those are correct...but I was thinking Radcon Manual and Water Chem Manual.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #56 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:34 »
Those are correct...but I was thinking Radcon Manual and Water Chem Manual.

I was thinking sub IC manual and NSTM-555, but then again, those don't apply to his situation (like they should). :)

Justin

ddklbl

« Reply #57 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:50 »
I was thinking sub IC manual and NSTM-555, but then again, those don't apply to his situation (like they should). :)

Justin

the triple nickle was actually two volumes.  Submarine firefighting and Surface firefighting

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #58 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:08 »
the triple nickle was actually two volumes.  Submarine firefighting and Surface firefighting

Well I'll be... I didn't know that. Thanks!

Justin

Offline Len61

• Moderate User
« Reply #59 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:15 »

I never heard A1G uttered or written in any procedure in my years on the Nimitz - those being the early 80's.  It was all A4W...core, plant, everything. 

The front of the Main Turbines on IKE had in big bold letters "General Electric" ie the G in A1G.
Don't remember if the SPM referenced A1G.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?