Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Polygraph?!

Author Topic: Polygraph?!  (Read 24752 times)

Polygraph?!
« on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:26 »
A retired Air Force Officer told me they will give lie detector tests in nuke A school.  Is this true?  I don't think it is, but I want it straight from the guys that KNOW. 

lagrange

Re: Polygraph?!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:36 »
Never heard of such...1997 class here.  The new guys coming to the ship never mentioned it, and frankly, it makes me chuckle.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2008, 02:46 by lagrange »

Rad Sponge

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:30 »
NPS Class 9701. No Lie Detector.
MM  Class 9631-B No Lie Detector

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:39 »
Maybe he meant ELT School! :)

Rad Sponge

« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:00 »

Ouch.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:05 »

Hey Hey Hey.... our chemistry was just naturally self regulating.  :)

Rad Sponge

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:15 »
Hey Hey Hey.... our chemistry was just naturally self regulating.  :)

Yes, somewhere in the Water Chemistry Manual discussed the negative chemistry coefficient.

I think it was spoken: Reactor Plant Chemistry Non-Logging Probability or the chance that out of spec or out of trend chemistry was logged. It was inveresely proportional to the number of nub ELTs => the higher the number of new guys, the higher probability that your chemistry data actually reflected plant conditions.

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:30 »
It doesn't matter, us ELT types were trained to beat a Polygraph anyway :)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:36 »
It doesn't matter, us ELT types were trained to beat a Polygraph anyway :)

:) I like to think of it as precognitive ability or as they say on Mythbusters "I reject your reality and subsistute my own".  :)

McBride

« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2008, 04:54 »
HERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!

Air Force Officer. . .  

I always ask retired Air Force officer my Navy questions  :P

Okay,,,I'll shut up now... LOL!

lagrange

« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:34 »
Most ELT's I know could just taste the water and tell you the results...

As for the chAir Force guy, he was likely delerious from playing 36 rounds of golf.
(and my father-in-law is retired AF, so I can say that!)

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:17 »
No poly in the nuclear navy
He may have thought that it had similar requirments the Air Force would have required for nuclear missle silo duty but as for that I'm guessing

ISOCS

« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:11 »
Didn't have a polygraph for class of 7602 but then again we were also using slide rules!

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:32 »
A retired Air Force Officer told me they will give lie detector tests in nuke A school.  Is this true?  I don't think it is, but I want it straight from the guys that KNOW. 

lol thats funny. An "AIR FORCE" officer (thats my first point of contingency) told you they polygraph? Well they dont, thats a simple answer :)

lol @ lagrange!

McBride

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:21 »
No, what they need to do is polygraph you on your way OUT of the Navy, and put it on youtube...

Now THAT would be fun to watch!

Have you ever been so drunk, you urinated into your locker?
Have you ever used chill water piping to cool your head during an extreme hangover?
Have you ever stolen the ensign from a British fast boat tied outboard of you in Holy Loch Scotland, in the nude thereby leaving their topside watch with nothing but "'e wuz naked!" as a description?

What? I mean . . . uh...

Fermi2

« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:23 »
Look the Navy may be dumb at times but it's rarely stupid. They know better than to Polygraph Nukes.

Mike

lagrange

« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:53 »
They know better than to Polygraph Nukes.

Mike

This is so true that it is almost self evident.

Fermi2

« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:29 »
I wasn't anywhere near that valve, honest!!

zpyderman

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2008, 08:14 »
Someone mentioned that there is no Polygraph in the Nuclear Navy, I was told by the recruiter that "He believes" that to qualify for sub duty you have to pass a polygraph. Is there any truth to this? I know a lot of you guys are or were submariners.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #19 on: Apr 14, 2008, 08:54 »
If they are using polygraphs on nukes it can only be because they need to test them to make sure they work properly and to adjust for sensitivity.  ELTS would be used to make sure that it would pick up a lie even if the person really really believed that it was true.  Side Note:  You think ELTS would make it through that new show on the Fox Network, "Moment of ...."

I just got out and to the best of my knowledge, they do not use polygraphs on nukes, sub or surface. 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Fermi2

« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2008, 09:04 »
ELTs are trained to beat a polygraph :)

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:47 »
Someone mentioned that there is no Polygraph in the Nuclear Navy, I was told by the recruiter that "He believes" that to qualify for sub duty you have to pass a polygraph. Is there any truth to this? I know a lot of you guys are or were submariners.

False. (For enlisted nukes, Except the Jimmy Carter )

Justin

LDO4CNO

« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2008, 09:01 »
ELTs are trained to beat a polygraph :)
That is the best ELT line I have read in a while Mike!  Good stuff.  Your roots are showing.  LMAO.

JB

zpyderman

« Reply #23 on: Apr 15, 2008, 10:43 »
The recruiter was confused it is a psychological eval that you need to take. What does it entail???

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #24 on: Apr 15, 2008, 11:47 »
I always thought that if you weren't at least a little nutsy that they didn't let you in the program.  Honestly I have never heard of the pyschological eval either.  Then again they may have done it at boot camp for me and I didn't even realize it.  On a side note though, as most of you will agree, every single nuke has at least one perculiar geeky quirk to them.  Some have more than one, but all have at least one.  Think about it.  Whether it be WoW, comic books, StarWars/StarTrek, etc, etc, we all had at least one thing that we geeked out on.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?