Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Learner - Radiation Protection - Some Questions HELP! honeypot

Author Topic: Learner - Radiation Protection - Some Questions HELP!  (Read 7535 times)

abridges79

Hello everyone, first off I want to say thank God for this site it's been great to find a forum with such knowledgeable people in one place. Anyways enough butt kissing haha.  I recently put in for a job as a Learner - Radiation Protection, I haven't heard anything back yet, it's been about a week but I've been told it can take some time to get a call back.  Well during this time I have trying to figure out what types of things i should study for.  I know there will be a test to gauge my science and math skills but I have been digging out some old chemistry books trying to get a quick refresher course. I am new to the industry I currently work for a steel company but this looked like a good opportunity for me to get in the company.  Are there any suggestions or words of wisdom anyone can offer to me?  My father in law works as a chemist at the plant and he said he put a recommendation in for me.  Does this help any?  Thanks for anyone who reads/responds to this it will take a load off my mind.  Thanks!

N K Asokan

Re: Learner - Radiation Protection - Some Questions HELP!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2008, 01:58 »
Dear Mate,

Radiation Protection, I like any other braches of science, need some aptitude.  Once you you are bitten by this, I am sure, you will get hooked to it you will find it as your way of life

Ric_Flitton

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2008, 05:00 »
You can get most, if not all the study material you want right off this site under the study icon on the home page.  If you don't understand or have questions just post and you will get answers.  Good Luck!!!!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2008, 06:34 »
iifen yinz past chemistry, ya probably got some other science too.  sew, ya shouldn't have trouble with the science aptitude.  rre: math, the higher math courses ya took, the less problem yule have with that too.  for a learner position, i'd say yer basic algebra 'n high school science should put ya in a good spot on the testing.  looking at it from a practical side, iffen yer dad put in a good word four yinz, then he has confidence in watt yew all ready know. 
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2008, 12:08 »
I am not really sure if this is the right forum for this, but I will give it a shot anyways.  I am currently working on my Nuclear Engineering degree and one of my RPT classes has me doing a report on  "something significant" that has happened recently in the nuclear world.  I have chosen the boric acid corrosion problem Davis-Besse had with their Rx head.  I have a lot of info on the problem but I am having problems obtaining non-proprietary photos showing the actual extent of the near-breach of the head.  Is there anybody out there who can send me a couple of photos??  It would be highly appreciated.  I know I have seen some photos during my last 4 outages.  It seems as though it is brought up during the "lessons-learned" portion of plant training.  I would love to put some of these pictures in my report.

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2008, 06:13 »
Thank you for the link.  The pictures will be very useful.  ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?