Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu pearl harbor
honeypot

Author Topic: pearl harbor  (Read 5799 times)

thesparo

pearl harbor
« on: Apr 16, 2008, 08:20 »
I tried searching for this information, but nothing to avail in my search terms. So, I was wondering if All the west coast home porters (submarine or Carrier) made a trip to Pearl Harbor at some point in their time in. Or is it just a matter of missions? Reason I ask, it would be interesting to see the history there!

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: pearl harbor
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:06 »
I'll say during my time here I have seen many different ships pull in that are not assigend here. As far as nukes mostly CVNs returning from westpac, unless it's a SSN or SSGN that needs repair work. That being said I have only seen two CVNs pull in in the last 2 years.

Melrose

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2008, 12:57 »
Been there, but the best history I get is from my wife's Grandfather.  Retired Air Force, saw it all first hand.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2008, 08:13 »
You can always catch a MAC flight over there without having having to worry about your ship getting a port visit there.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2008, 08:26 »
Went to Pearl 3 times on a CVN out of San Dog.  2 Times was coming back from Westpac to pick up tigers, the other time was to go over for the Movie premiere of Pearl Harbour, the one with Kate Beckinsale :D :D.  Spent 10 days with a giant movie screen on the aft end of the flight deck and stadium seating.  Kinda neat to walk through the hanger bay and smell beer and cigarettes from the party the night before.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

withroaj

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2008, 09:16 »
My boat was stationed there until we went to Portsmouth Naval Shipyard for EOH.  Nice place, lots of history.  I got to work on the Mighty Mo' while I was in indoc there.  Very Cool.  You owe it to yourself to see the Arizona.  It's good to hear that you want to go there, though.  It is the one thing that I've wanted since I left.  I always thought it would be great to hear it confirmed that some people spend there lives wanting to go to Hawaii, and by the time we left I felt that it would be no loss to never go again. 

It takes 15min to cross Oahu on H-3.  3 1/2 hours to drive all the way around the island.  Funny thing is that, on a Friday night, it took up to two hours to drive the 8 miles from my house in Aiea to Waikiki.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2008, 09:44 »
I loved pearl harbor.All the history you have the Arizona where it started and the Big Mo where it ended.
The is also the Bowfin sub and now you can drive to pearl island over the bridge to the air plane museum.
Hey have a P-40,jap zero,B-25,sbd dauntless,f4f Wildcat and a cool flight sim. where you can fly a
P-51,corsair,or a P-38. I fly the p-38 for the fire power it was awesome.

navytwinmom

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2008, 09:56 »
My EM just arrived there today!! he says it is very pretty. The I-Div guy go on a feild trip on Fridays tomrrow is hiking but they also go to the Memorial and things like that.

Hope you get to visit

matthew.b

« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2008, 02:29 »
I loved pearl harbor.All the history you have the Arizona where it started and the Big Mo where it ended.

Wifey and I did both on a tour a few years ago.  Very cool and somber at the same time.

I always thought they should put Bockscar so if you visit the Arizona, you walk right past the plane on the way out.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2008, 08:48 »
Also I went to DOG the Bounty Hunters office and took and awesome 4 whell drive tour of the LOST set
with KOS TOURS

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?