Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu wife questions
honeypot

Author Topic: wife questions  (Read 19262 times)

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: wife questions
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 08:32 »
Boomer widows hung out at Christopher's.  The Del Mar was fer hoggin'

Hmmm, never was sober enuf to make the distinction....
actually got thrown out of the Delmar once.... :D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

ohhthecrap

« Reply #26 on: Jul 31, 2008, 11:04 »
When you come home, depending what your duty section is like and if you have enough guys, you may only have to work once every 3rd or 4th day. When your out your wife can come visit but it is hard to get a mac flight on short notice to a foreign port and be able to time it with boat movement. The boat ports change often and with mac flights you can only know their times a few days in advance unless your wife wants to pay for the flight out of pocket. If you guys do end up at the same place at the same time your boat will give you days off and you would only have to come in for duty days.

LuckyKid

« Reply #27 on: Aug 24, 2008, 09:35 »
How much teamwork is there between shippy's who are married? Like "hey your kid's birthday is tomorrow, so I'll work your duty day if you work my duty day on my anniversary"?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #28 on: Aug 25, 2008, 10:31 »
How much teamwork is there between shippy's who are married? Like "hey your kid's birthday is tomorrow, so I'll work your duty day if you work my duty day on my anniversary"?
In a perfect world, this would work.
It can work, but it is up to the people involved, each holding their end of the bargain.
And you usually hafta get permission for the swaps, at whatever level is deemed appropriate for the command. A good chief or first can have this happen, a weak ens or jg can screw it up.... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Motown homey

« Reply #29 on: Aug 25, 2008, 10:45 »
I remember standing duty for the single guys when we were overseas and having them stand my duty when we got home.  I never tried to make it a total one for one swap, we just did what we could at the time.  No one got their feelings hurt because they couldn't always get the days off that they wanted every single time - it was the Navy after all.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #30 on: Aug 25, 2008, 11:05 »
I know when I was single, I would always take the duty days for guys during Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc as long as they gave me New Years, St. Patty and sometimes Halloween. It worked out for the married guys and the single guys.  It all depends on the command climate and how well a division works together. 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Aug 25, 2008, 11:37 »
I did just the opposite.  I always took duty for the single guys so they could fly to wherever home was for the holidays.  I had my wife and kids at home, and I got to see them every night I made it home.  The single guys didn't have the same luxury.  I like to think they appreciated it.
Agree...buddy is only half a word...it all depends on how tight the crew is.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #32 on: Aug 25, 2008, 04:39 »
Call me a douche, but I never volunteered for the married guys. I cherish my time off with my friends, family and GF as much (if not more) as any married guy. No difference, therefore no special treatment from me. Sorry. Sometimes though, the watchbill was written to favor the married guys and there was nothing to be done about it, except EAOS. ;)

Justin
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2008, 04:43 by JustinHEMI »

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #33 on: Aug 25, 2008, 08:04 »
I took Saturday duty when possible to attend church on Sundays with the family.  Not hard to find a Saturday for Sunday swap.  Again you gotta know your buddies and your command.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?