Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu women just thrown into the nuke field happened quickly and need answers!  

Author Topic: women just thrown into the nuke field happened quickly and need answers!  (Read 4678 times)

abc123

I just got in to the nuke field, from ATC, i was then notified i could leave and get the 20k bonus in 6 days! go figure.  Sooooo i'm curious and trying to learn as much as possible as fast as possible.

What are the job opportunities coming out, i don't have a degree, but i do have almost 90 credits, so i am assuming i will have something when i get back. 

but what are the jobs, just power plants or what, and what are the other non plant jobs?  there must be some?  also, what kinda pay would i be looking at.  I pride myself in being an independent person so pay is a big factor since i don't plan on having kids and want to have a professional rewarding career.

so what do you do, and how much do you get! not to be TOO personal haha.

JustinHEMI05

6 days is plenty of time to perform a thorough search of this board.

Justin

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

Ditto...you took the NFQT in early April, what topics have you searched so far?

Chimera

What are the opportunities?  That all depends on (1) what you can do and (2) what you want to do.

Insofar as those 90 credits are concerned, you can probably consolidate 60 of them into an AS degree.  Then work like heck to get the remaining 30 for your BS degree.

The opportunities are wide open.  Choose wisely and carefully.  Don't settle for instant gratification.  You'll probably change your mind in the next 5 years anyway so give yourself a good foundation first.

And don't forget to have fun along the way.

B.PRESGROVE

Comeon fellas non of yall answered her question.  Abc123 there are alot of jobs out there for you to choose from.  You can commercial nuke, which is by far the most pay.  You can go DOE which is alot of beurocricy, decent pay.  You can get into medical field, not the best pay.  There is also the oil industry, great pay.  There is also being a civilian instructor for the military, or working in some form as a civilian for military.  The board is wide open is what I am trying to say and you can choose what ever you want. 

My suggestion is what do you like to do best, and run with it.  Do you like to sit at a desk or be out in the field? 

Hope that helped just a little.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?