Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dirty rumor honeypot

Author Topic: Dirty rumor  (Read 13959 times)

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Dirty rumor
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:43 »
I heard a dirty rumor today that the zone B SRB is going to go to 150k for some nuke ratings. I guess I can kinda belive that since retention is in the toilet and all they would have to do is move the ESRP money to SRB since ESRP has the 200k career cap a zone C or D would get verry little or nothing.

JustinHEMI05

Re: Dirty rumor
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 10:56 »
Hmm... still wouldn't have done it. They still don't get it do they? Money isn't the fix to a quality of life issue like theirs. But, in the short term, they will probably get a few suckers to take the bait.

Justin
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:01 by JustinHEMI »

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 06:37 »
Hey anyone else see the pretty carrot?

Now for the life of me I can't seem to find that darn stick.....oh wait a minute, I feel it now.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 11:40 »
I think this thread is heading into another one based on what you would do to fix the problem. 

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 08:05 »

I'll take Civ'Lant over that any day though.  I like my cushy life.

Personally, I like the smile lines I am forming to replace the frowny lines LOL  :P

Justin

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 08:51 »
Personally, I like the smile lines I am forming to replace the frowny lines LOL  :P

Justin

Must not let current Navy Nukes see above posts for fear they may too realize that money isn't everything.  Quick use Jedi Mind Trick to make Justin post negative things about civilian life. 

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 09:41 »
200 quatloos says he hasn't found any negatives worse than a mosquito bite yet,.....

I wouldn't take that bet precious. :)

Justin

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 08:20 »
Yes but you don't get mosquito bites on a submarine and you know that little things can be AWFUL annoying.  See, Re-enlist, stay underway all the time and you will never get another mosquito bite.  Now gnat bites in SC is another story.

withroaj

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 08:23 »
If this is true I don't know what to say.  Would I be that much of a whore if I took 150K for NNPTC?

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 02:24 »
If this is true I don't know what to say.  Would I be that much of a whore if I took 150K for NNPTC?

sometimes I think whores are better people than nukes. They only sell their bodies, we sell our body, mind, and soul.

S3GLMS

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 05:39 »
I had to decide to turn down 45k to go NPS in 1995 while it was in Orlando.  I decided to leave the Navy and I do not regret it because the pay scale and quality of life has been higher for me since I left.  But, I do not have 150K in the bank either, so to make up for it, I save as much as I can and have a higher living standard at the same time.  I made my decision based on staying in was for the peopole who really enjoyed the Navy life not the money you were getting paid.  That should be your deciding factor.  Then the money will make you feel better about a decision you have already made.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 06:49 »

I think only you can answer that for yourself. Now, if you can get NNPTC... I don't think it would be a bad deal. I barely hear complaints from the shipmates that serve there.

Justin

PapaBear765

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 07:40 »
I think only you can answer that for yourself. Now, if you can get NNPTC... I don't think it would be a bad deal. I barely hear complaints from the shipmates that serve there.

Justin

I can't imagine that the Crystal Palace is anything close to P-suck.

Wirebiter

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 11:09 »
Yes but you don't get mosquito bites on a submarine and you know that little things can be AWFUL annoying.  See, Re-enlist, stay underway all the time and you will never get another mosquito bite.  Now gnat bites in SC is another story.

I wish I could say that this was true, but I can personally attest to being bitten many times on a duty day while EDPO in Kings Bay.  During long refits they can find their way down to the engineroom.  I was bitten in ERLL.  The only place they wouldn't go was the RC.

So I guess this removes the only negative thing about CENTCIVCOM  :P

-Rob

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Jun 02, 2008, 12:31 »
I wish I could say that this was true, but I can personally attest to being bitten many times on a duty day while EDPO in Kings Bay.  During long refits they can find their way down to the engineroom.  I was bitten in ERLL.  The only place they wouldn't go was the RC.

So I guess this removes the only negative thing about CENTCIVCOM  :P

-Rob

Better be glad they didn't go in the RC.  Imagine Mutant Mosquitos the size of a VW bug that drain pints at a time.  Oh wait we got those in Texas. 

byroneduardo

« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2009, 05:07 »
I have heard from the actual recruiting side of nukes that they plan to up their manning as a fix to the quality of life issues we all know of.  They pretty much said that they cannot keep trying to throw money at the attrition beast because the civ side is seeking to hire people they plan to need in the future (due to retirements, potential new plants being built, etc.)  They know that they cant compete with the civilian sides deeper pockets.  But higher srbs dont should help also. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?