Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Entry level operations honeypot

Author Topic: Entry level operations  (Read 26463 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Entry level operations
« Reply #25 on: Sep 04, 2010, 10:29 »
There are usually reasons why locations are chronically understaffed. Pay is a typical culprit. Maybe someone with insight could chime in on what the deal is at Hatch.

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/enforcement/actions/reactors/h.html#Hatch

In order to avoid a  [hijack] , might check that Topic page...

MacGyver

« Reply #26 on: Sep 05, 2010, 12:20 »
The New ACAD allows for Direct ROs now, but it also explicitly does not allow classroom time to count as on-site time.  I would quote directly, but I don't know if that is a TOS violation to cut/paste INPO documents.

http://www.inpo.org/library/INPODocs/2009/09-001.pdf

2.1.2 - Experience
The candidate should have at least three years of power plant experience, at least one year of which is spent at the facility for which the license is being sought. The candidate should spend at least six months as a nonlicensed operator at that site. (See Figure 2-1.)

Offline Madcat647

• Very Lite User
« Reply #27 on: Sep 05, 2010, 08:54 »
From ACAD 10-001:

"Effective January 1, 2011, this document supersedes ACAD 09-001, Guidelines for Initial
Training and Qualification of Licensed Operators, January 2009. Until January 1, 2011, either
document may be used as the basis for initial licensed operator training and qualification."

"2.1
Reactor Operator (RO) Education and Experience Eligibility Requirements
Education –
The candidate possesses a high school diploma or equivalency certificate.
Experience –
The candidate has at least three years of power plant experience, as defined
by Figure 2-1, and at least six months on site at the facility for which the license is being
sought. Additional nonlicensed operator, commercial reactor operator, or military reactor
operator experience is required, as defined in Figure 2-1. "

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #28 on: Sep 05, 2010, 09:37 »
certainly looks like they are watering down the standards, 6 months with no NLO requirement could see tool room attendants bidding into Instant RO classes. 

"shimmin' out...git 'er done!"

499tarheel

« Reply #29 on: Sep 06, 2010, 01:04 »
But I don't know many tool attendants that would want RO for a $5/hr bump. Most of the time they already have the luxury of air conditioning.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010, 01:06 by 499tarheel »

Offline padron

• Light User
« Reply #30 on: Sep 20, 2010, 03:11 »
stpnoc.com looking for 12 AO's to start in Jan.

Can you provide more info on the AO jobs and how to apply? I have looked at stp's site and haven't seen any job psotings. I am currently an STA at a PWR and would like to continue my ops career as an Aux Operator. I could wait at my current plant until I can get in to the next SRO class but am also very interested in working out in the plant first. Thanks.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?