Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu RTC and the general elections  

Author Topic: RTC and the general elections  (Read 5032 times)

dan11

RTC and the general elections
« on: Aug 29, 2008, 02:38 »
My ship out date is on November 4, the beginning of the general elections. How do I go about voting? I couldn't request an absentee ballot as a citizen nor active military personnel as I wouldn't receive my military ID until I get processed at RTC and I won't be at home for the civilian ballot. Will we be given time at GL to vote or will I miss my first election? :(

withroaj

Re: RTC and the general elections
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2008, 08:55 »
I've never actually needed to present my military ID to get an absentee ballot.  I don't know how your state works, but you should be able to pull it off if you act quickly.  Your ship date is sort of inconvenient, though.  Maybe ask the recruiter for a week long stay of execution?

Samabby

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2008, 09:17 »
Dan, call your local courthouse today and request an absentee ballot, due to travel plans. No problem. Good luck, son.  8)

dan11

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2008, 01:56 »
Alrighty, I was a little confused with the process to begin with  :P

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2008, 02:09 »
Good luck to you. Thanks for your service and holding your first election with high importance, the duty of any good citizen.

Justin

SN Bass

« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2008, 05:09 »
Just do early voting!  That is what I did, we have it here in Texas anyway, polls are usually open 2 weeks prior to the election here.  BTW I ship November 3rd, maybe I will see you!

Listen for the name Bass!

dan11

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2008, 01:56 »
Just do early voting!  That is what I did, we have it here in Texas anyway, polls are usually open 2 weeks prior to the election here.  BTW I ship November 3rd, maybe I will see you!

Listen for the name Bass!
Maybe I will

Look out for Moon!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2008, 02:00 »
Maybe I will

Look out for Moon!

No talking in formation !!!! Pushups until *I* get tired.... now DROP, bug !!!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2008, 02:10 »
No talking in formation !!!! Pushups until *I* get tired.... now DROP, bug !!!

You forgot the part about "If you keep this up, I will ASMO you @$$ back to your mamma's womb" 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?