Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu need help with grad leave honeypot

Author Topic: need help with grad leave  (Read 11539 times)

dander

need help with grad leave
« on: Oct 06, 2008, 04:17 »
hey I'm in power school set to graduate in December and the current plan has me set up to have to report to prototype on the 26th (the day after Christmas) i thought that sounded like a bad idea so i asked my SLPO if he could make some phone calls because i don't think were going to be classing up anytime near that time and its no use showing up so early and ruining Christmas for my family just to be doing nothing in new york and my SLPO said he would do something but doesn't seem to be getting anything done so im wondering who else i could talk to to get a phone number up in prototype to find out the schedule for my class (0805) and if we are really required to report to prototype on the 26th.
P.S. I'm trying to get this taken care of before the cost of my plane ticket gets high
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2008, 05:21 by dander »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: need help with grad leave
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2008, 05:04 »
I think the pumps discharge valve is full open, and there's not a filter to be found anywhere in the system,....heheheheheheh,..... ;)

He'll make a fine addition to GC's next boat  ;)

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2008, 05:45 »
Do you have your orders yet?

Are they PCS orders?

If so does the report date say 26 Dec 2008?

Then the only way to change them is through an ord-mod

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2008, 06:41 »
Get used to it now before your first Sea Going Command.  Because you might be viewed as a 'Cry Baby'.

It's called a Leave Chit if you were wondering.

HC, you get the First Annual NukeworkerTM Airspeed Record on this one... you got this guy to "eject eject eject" within 3 hours of his first post! Fox Two Fox Two !!!  ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2008, 07:52 »
and I'm usually so coddling towards the nubs,.... 8)

Yes, we'll have to work on THAT next ;)

Guess we rubbed him the wrong way, and got his dander up !

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2008, 07:08 »
Heck that wasn't my goal.  I think he was punching out before my post though to be fair to myself. 

Splash One!  No 'Chute.

Guess there is no need to send out the rescue chopper then.  Add another tic mark to Davey Jone's talley.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2008, 09:27 »
No point in giving the nubs false hope.  Sympathy doesn't exist in their world, the Nav is a 24/7/365 operation, Santa Claus is not the CNO, and Christmas doesn't make the war machine grind to a halt.  We're just helping them adjust to that.  If they can't handle us, they can't handle operating a nuclear reactor on two hours sleep in state 5 seas right after a fine meal of Pork Adobo.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2008, 10:28 »
No point in giving the nubs false hope.  Sympathy doesn't exist in their world, the Nav is a 24/7/365 operation, Santa Claus is not the CNO, and Christmas doesn't make the war machine grind to a halt.  We're just helping them adjust to that.  If they can't handle us, they can't handle operating a nuclear reactor on two hours sleep in state 5 seas right after a fine meal of Pork Adobo.

or worse.....Beef Yakisoba

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2008, 05:09 »
or worse.....Beef Yakisoba

or Syrian Stew, with those purplish chunks of meat that taste strangely sweet for stew cubes (found out later it was horse)

JsonD13

« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2008, 06:33 »
mmmmm good ol' beef yakisoba, the bain of CVN galleys. I remember choking the first time I tried to swallow it.

Jason

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2008, 06:46 »
Oh, but the Navy eventually trained you to swallow, didn't they?  The gag reflex is lost, or you starve to death.
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2008, 06:47 by BeerCourt »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2008, 10:24 »
Just for future reference...

There is such a thing as DelRep--Delay in Reporting.

If the school is in shutdown mode at that time he is to report, he will likely just report to someone on duty and wait.  If it is possible, why shouldn't someone have the option to be someplace else during the "off" time?  This could allow a savings in airfare for the individuals who ask for this privilege ahead of time instead of reporting and leaving from there to go back home and then back again. 

The important thing here to know is that the current chain of command has no obligation to arrange for this.

The person needs to get the FTS or Federal Telephone System number for the director of the school.  Then, he or she needs to have compelling reasons to be DelReped.  Once DelReped, he or she can get a new report date that will have them arrive in time to class up and will receive a followup telegram to the address given the granting authority. 

If the telegram doesn't arrive, the original date will be invoked and you will be UA and on legal hold, no matter what was said over any telephone when you arrive--the telegram is your amnesty.  So if authorized DelRep, always have plan B ready (i.e., reservations for a flight that will get you there on the original due date).

If you ask how I know, I will have to take more time and space.
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2008, 06:08 by deltarho »
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2008, 01:53 »
mmmmm good ol' beef yakisoba, the bain of CVN galleys. I remember choking the first time I tried to swallow it.

Jason

Am I the only person who actualy liked beef yadisoba?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2008, 12:08 »
Am I the only person who actualy liked beef yadisoba?

We normally pronounced it "yucky-sofa" for a reason...

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2008, 06:44 »
We normally pronounced it "yucky-sofa" for a reason...

It was always just "Beef YAK" on my ship

JsonD13

« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2008, 08:30 »
Oh, but the Navy eventually trained you to swallow, didn't they?  The gag reflex is lost, or you starve to death.

Yes, they trained me to do much much more than swallow too, lol.  I am slowly starting to regain my sense of civilian life though, as I get out soon.

Jason

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2008, 02:41 »
It was always just "Beef YAK" on my ship

I've heard both, but on my three ships, most of the nukes seemed to call it the same thing-- Where's the f%^#!ng peanutbutter?  :o
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2008, 03:25 »
I've heard both, but on my three ships, most of the nukes seemed to call it the same thing-- Where's the f%^#!ng peanutbutter?  :o

Deltharo, I am going to need your mailing address so I can send you a bill for a new keyboard.  Something about shooting Dr. Pepper through the nose and into the keyboard makes it not want to work so well.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S.  Dr. Pepper also burns as it goes through the nasal passage way.  Very badly.

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2008, 08:08 »
Deltharo, I am going to need your mailing address so I can send you a bill for a new keyboard.  Something about shooting Dr. Pepper through the nose and into the keyboard makes it not want to work so well.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S.  Dr. Pepper also burns as it goes through the nasal passage way.  Very badly.

That's what I love about this website!  It has an alfactoryesque (I believe I made up a new word!) quality about it.  Sometimes, someone says the right thing and B-A-M, you are there.  Everybody has a "meat" story...

Like the time Zwang! told me not to eat my Moon Rocks (On the menu it was called Swedish Meatballs).  Long story short, he took me to his locker and showed me his pet Moon Rock that he had been saving for about two years by then.  It was as hard as a Boccie ball.  He said he used it as a hand exerciser to build up his forearm muscles...and, yes, it was removed from the mess decks under the guise of it being a Swedish Meatball.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?