Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Plant Hiring Cycles
honeypot

Author Topic: Plant Hiring Cycles  (Read 6256 times)

rmuto

Plant Hiring Cycles
« on: Oct 17, 2008, 11:56 »
Ok I"m an ELT retiring after 20 yrs in Sep 09 (terminal leave should start mid jun 09).

Brief synopsis of navy experience.  Qualified EWS on 2 boats, both of my shore duties were Radcon (PSNS in Washington as an RCT and EB in groton as an SRCT) Also did 2 tender tours as RCSS.   
Currently finishing up my bachelor's degree in Business Administration.  Taking my last class that ends in 2 months.  Yes I know it won't help much for getting into Ops but I wanted something to make me more versatile. 

Decided to avoid trying for instant SRO and go the AO/NLO route for a few years, then going for RO/SRO.  Mainly because despite being qualified EWS, I really don't have that much time "in the box" so to speak.  Based on that and the general feelings towards instant SROs I think that's the best route for me to take.

I know the plants tend to hire in cycles but I'm not sure of what those cycles are.  If anyone working at the following plants could share this info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Seqoyah, TN
Watts Bar, TN
Vermont Yankee, VT
Peach Bottom, PA
Beaver Valley, PA

I know Watts Bar is completing construction on unit 2 but the only openings I can find on their site are related to unit construction rather than ops in Unit 1.

Any other good info you can provide on these plants would be great as well.

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Plant Hiring Cycles
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2008, 01:14 »
Watts Bar just finished interviews for a NLO class that is supposed to start in January.  I think that class will be 12-15 people, and it will be the third NLO class since Aug. 07 hired.  So I am not sure if there will be another NLO class for a while.

rmuto

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2008, 09:19 »
I have about 8 months until I actually retire so there may be some hope for another class.   I'm still going to watch their website for openings, etc but if you hear something in-house please let me know.

Thanks.
Randy

Offline HomersTwin

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2008, 01:50 »
I have about 8 months until I actually retire so there may be some hope for another class.   I'm still going to watch their website for openings, etc but if you hear something in-house please let me know.

Thanks.
Randy

I was recently told that my plant PLANS to start hiring the next wave of AO's in June 09, which fits well with your retirement. It's not one of the plants on your list though.

rmuto

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2008, 10:10 »
What plant do you work at?  Doesn't hurt to have options if my shortlist isn't hiring at the time I retire. Rather have a job in an alternate choice rather than no job at all.

edit:  NM.. Found in one of your other posts that you are at ANO.  But correct me if I'm wrong.  :)  Will keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2008, 02:52 by rmuto »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2008, 10:59 »
I will keep you posted on Peach Bottom. An NLO class just completed, so I am not sure when they are going to start another one.

Justin

rmuto

« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2008, 10:40 »
Well just talked with my MMCM and they said it's possible to get extra terminal for starting college.  He considers entering an employer's training program is similar circumstances and is willing to fight for a little more terminal if needed to meet an employer's start date for AO/NLO, etc. 

That makes the ANO class a possibility as well as dresden in Illinois since I just saw an opening for june 09 on their website.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?