Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu introducing myself: NUPOC UPDATE  

Author Topic: introducing myself: NUPOC UPDATE  (Read 7578 times)

white88lx

introducing myself: NUPOC UPDATE
« on: Nov 20, 2008, 03:44 »
Just thought I would introduce myself, I am a junior at ASU majoring in Materials Science and Engineering, I am going through the application process right know and look forward to be a Nuclear Engineer in the Navy.

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2009, 11:16 by white88lx »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: introducing myself: NUPOC
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2008, 08:19 »
Any courses on nanomaterials?

white88lx

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2008, 12:49 »
No nanomaterial courses yet, although I am doing research about grain structure/orientation about solder bumps for electronics. It is not nano materials, but still very interesting on how grain orientation can affect properties of the material.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2008, 05:58 »
Do you play Dungeons and Dragons?

Just kidding ;).  Being a nuc officer is more than knowing what you got your degree in--they expect you to be a leader.  If you can take some electives in leadership development, you will be shoring up what may be your only weakness.
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2008, 07:25 »

Just kidding ;).  Being a nuc officer is more than knowing what you got your degree in--they expect you to be a leader.  If you can take some electives in leadership development, you will be shoring up what may be your only weakness.

You are behind the times. D&D has been replaced with WOW.  :P

Justin

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2008, 07:26 »
Just thought I would introduce myself, I am a junior at ASU majoring in Materials Science and Engineering, I am going through the application process right know and look forward to be a Nuclear Engineer in the Navy.

Welcome aboard! Good luck and thank you for your future service.

Justin

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:13 »
If you haven't stumbled across this yet.....here is a place that has some good gouge to study before going for your interviews....

www.nupocinfo.blogspot.com

BTW....are you trying to become a nuclear officer or an NR engineer?
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2008, 09:15 by Gamecock »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

white88lx

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:21 »

Thanks for the comments everyone,  this place is much more friendly then the mustang car forum I talk on also.  I will be sure to browse through the history on the forums when i get time.... and thanks again.

white88lx

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:25 »
If you haven't stumbled across this yet.....here is a place that has some good gouge to study before going for your interviews....

www.nupocinfo.blogspot.com

BTW....are you trying to become a nuclear officer or an NR engineer?

I am trying to become a nuclear officer.  My first choice is submarine and second is surface.  Thanks for the website also, I found that website couple days ago and have already printed out the practice questions and got them hanging on the wall next to my bed so I am sure I see them every day.

Nick

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2008, 04:53 »
Welcome to the forum.  If you have any questions about anything feel free to post or send me a PM.  I'm a sub nuke myself, so I'd be happy to help in any way I can. 

white88lx

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2008, 01:46 »
all my PREDOCS are finished, my recruiter is trying to get me on the VIP trip for december. so hopefully we can get everything in before the date.

I have also been reviewing the math questions on the NUPOC studyguide and been somewhat looking at the physics sections.  But anyways this is the only thing that has been on my mind, to excited and just wish it could go by quicker. haha

white88lx

Re: introducing myself: NUPOC UPDATE
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2009, 11:18 »
I got accepted just a couple of days ago and thanks for all your help.

Offline still_in

• Light User
Re: introducing myself: NUPOC UPDATE
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:06 »
good thing your first choice was subs.  last year they didn't let any STA-21 guys go surface, and yes I realize they are different programs but it just shows the Navy's NEED for submariners.

Good Luck

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?