Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree  (Read 7053 times)

Bshac

Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree
« on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:23 »
I am sure this has been asked before, but what is a Bachelor of Science degree in Nuclear Engineering Technology (Excelsior) worth? I need 13 classes to complete the degree. Should I pursue it?

I was an ELT for 6 years.

I already have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Organizational Management.

Anyone out there have an idea what all of that is worth?

Thanks a lot! 

Khak-Hater

Re: Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2009, 02:15 »
Some employment position descriptions require [or prefer] a technical degree.  Some don't.  The best advice that I could give you is to surf job postings for positions and employers that you'd be interested in, and see which ones specify a technical degree.  That should give you a better feel for the second degree's value.

As an ELT, if you have any plans of going into RP after you get out, plan on taking the NRRPT before you get out.  They offer it twice a year and any separating Navy ELT should be qualified to take it.  For some jobs, it might be more valuable than the second degree.

Good luck,

MGM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?