Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Took the ASVAB

Author Topic: Took the ASVAB  (Read 24528 times)

voidwhereprohibited

Re: Took the ASVAB
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 08:54 »
Whining NUB.

can't say I didn't see that one coming.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 04:33 »

Hence, your nuclear training begins...our entertainment at your expense. 

You will do well to maintain the correct posture and attitude (as you did in the above) when spanked by the ones that can help make you or break you.
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Fermi2

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 06:12 »

Great answer :)

voidwhereprohibited

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 07:35 »
a good want'ta'be wouldn't be waiting on a 'waiver' because he wouldn't need one

if I weren't waiting on a waiver I wouldn't be a want'ta'be, would I? nevertheless, it looks like the A in precalculus actually wasn't enough to get me the waiver for my high school grades. my recruiter is trying to see if someone will pull some strings, but I doubt it's going to happen. In the meanwhile, I'm gonna take the DLAB test to see if I qualify for a category IV language as a CTI.

thanks for everyone at nukeworker that has been kind enough to help, elaborate, or criticize (every bit of advice helps)

if anyone has any advice for what I might be able to do in order to get the waiver, I'd appreciate your advice.

Offline xforcehunter

• Light User
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 08:53 »
Have you seen any documentation that your waiver got denied?  Or did you just take your recruiter's word for it?  I get tons of students with academic waivers.  I don't see why you would be any different.....unless you've got some other issues to go along with your bad grades.

Specterx96

« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2009, 12:34 »
hey i never found out my ASVAB line scores, they sealed my envelope and told me no to open it, i do know i got a 96,but i thought it was weird that my recruiter cant get my line scores

bakedbeans

« Reply #31 on: Jul 12, 2009, 01:00 »
Well, I signed my contract for the nuclear field last month to go into basic Jan. 13, 2010. A long wait lies ahead. More time for more push ups and running I guess. Here goes nothing.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #32 on: Jul 12, 2009, 01:04 »
Good luck to ya!

mellor_21

« Reply #33 on: Jul 13, 2009, 10:02 »
i've been waiting since november and am leaving september.. the hardest part has to be keeping your nose clean

mellor_21

« Reply #34 on: Jul 13, 2009, 10:28 »
its not hard to get in trouble..

but i'm not gonna argue about it. op, it was just a heads up, be very careful. i've barely stayed in by the skin of my teeth a few times

mellor_21

« Reply #35 on: Jul 13, 2009, 10:41 »
thanks that just made my day =)
but i'm signing off. have fun and be safe

pirate1965

« Reply #36 on: Jul 28, 2009, 12:56 »
To all you that signed up for the program. Good luck. I thought I was the smart kid. Top of the class in brains and imagination. but once I hit NPS, all the gloves were off. 8 hours of class followed by 3-4 hours of studying most everynight for 6 months. 4+ years of nuclear theory shoved down your throat in 6 months. Don't get me wrong. When you pass the comp test, you are convinced you can learn anything. If its not the most challenging academic school in the US Military, hats off to the poor saps that are.
Stand by for the adventure of your academic life.
MM2(SW) 1983-1990
Class 8407

AtlsFinest84

« Reply #37 on: Jul 28, 2009, 10:09 »
I ship Oct 1 and I can't wait. I was originally supposed to ship March 1, 2010 but because I am 24 the individuals at MEPS managed to get me in 3 days before my birthday. I am ecstatic about my bright new future!

I wish some of you guys had my recruiter. The process that lead to me signing my nuke contract has been very smooth. My recruiter has done everything in her power to get me in. No delays what so ever.

Anyway, who's leaving Oct 1?!
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2009, 10:11 by AtlsFinest84 »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #38 on: Jul 28, 2009, 11:25 »
I ship Oct 1 and I can't wait. I was originally supposed to ship March 1, 2010 but because I am 24 the individuals at MEPS managed to get me in 3 days before my birthday. I am ecstatic about my bright new future!

I wish some of you guys had my recruiter. The process that lead to me signing my nuke contract has been very smooth. My recruiter has done everything in her power to get me in. No delays what so ever.

Anyway, who's leaving Oct 1?!

Congrats, goodluck and thank you for your future service!

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?