Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu what should I know?

Author Topic: what should I know?  (Read 5404 times)

travistj

what should I know?
« on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:50 »
I ship may 12.  I have been out of school for 4 years and havent taken physics for almost 6.  I did however still retain enough information to pass the nuke test to get into the program.  I was just curious as to if any of you recommend and pre A school studying.  Any book suggestions?
thanks

TheObiJuan

Re: what should I know?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2009, 08:34 »
There is nothing that you could study that would help you.
You could work on time management; focus on studying the same thing for 13 hours a day without tiring; or even practice learning loads of data only to have to recite it verbatim a week later--I mean loads!

I asked the same question a year ago and was told the same thing.
Good luck, don't stress it.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2009, 11:19 »
Upon further thought, there is one thing that you can try to master before you report to NNPTC.  Although it is not as needed as it once was, it still will serve you will throughout your Navy career. 

Learn how to take notes legibly while half or fully asleep. 

"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

travistj

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2009, 11:54 »
hahahahah well that was worth a good chuckle i guess.
thanks anyways
just thought i might occupy my civilian time to prepare me for later but that doesnt sound posible.
obijuan closer to when I leave i would like to email you personally so maybe we could meet up in charleston.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2009, 03:24 »
hahahahah well that was worth a good chuckle i guess.
thanks anyways
just thought i might occupy my civilian time to prepare me for later but that doesnt sound posible.
obijuan closer to when I leave i would like to email you personally so maybe we could meet up in charleston.

Trust me, there is nothing funny about trying to study notes that are written in such a
that the words start dropping down at the end of the page much similar to the m        w
that you see here.  Only instead of letters, you only get nice long, squiggly l         a        a
                                                                                                      i          n        y
                                                                                                       n           n
                                                                                                         e          e
                                                                                                           s         r
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

TheObiJuan

« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:15 »
We now have fill-in notes, they're about 85% filled in. The challenge to stay awake is even harder with little to do physically to stay awake.
I've seen an instructor make a student stand up and hold a 50lbs globe valve at the back of the class for getting caught sleeping multiple times over the course of a week (mastable offense).

I'll see ya Travis in a few months; just make it through RTC while keeping your head down, opinion to yourself, and not to make waves.
Never Again Volunteer Yourself
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2009, 07:18 by TheObiJuan »

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:23 »
Notes? What are notes?

travistj

« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2009, 12:18 »
i know they are very strict with any study material leaving the school. is that for 100 percent of notes and everything? 

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2009, 01:30 »
i know they are very strict with any study material leaving the school. is that for 100 percent of notes and everything? 

Yes, no training materials are allowed to leave the building.

Offline dagiffy

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2009, 02:34 »
I once had to march for 8 hours on a Saturday with other vagabonds for leaving my little classroom locker unlocked. That really bit the big one.

NuclearNate

« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:39 »
I asked my Navy Coordinator about a couple books on heat transfer. He laughed and said that learning anything but the NAVY WAY was just going to give me more stuff to forget when they retaught me... hope you know what I mean :-D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?