Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu William H. Casey

Author Topic: William H. Casey  (Read 9969 times)

RackemUp

William H. Casey
« on: Feb 10, 2009, 08:58 »
It is with great sadness that this entry is made.  Simply said if you had the pleasure of meeting and working with or covering Bill on a job, you really would look forward to his smiling face and sweet demeanor.  William Casey retired as a plant mechanic in 1990 from Vermont Yankee. He has worked as a traveling mechanic/valve tech since he retired. His last outage was this past fall at STP.  He passed away of small cell lung cancer on 2/09/09. He is survived by his wife Maureen O'Conner-Casey, daughters Sharon and Erika, his son J.M. along with four grandchildren. His family will dearly miss him.  Donations in his memory may be made to the Treasure Coast Hospice House, 5090 Dunn Road, Fort Pierce, FL 34981 or via www.TCHospice.org    More information to follow as it comes available.

***Update...  There will be a Celebration of Life Memorial for Bill during or after the St. Lucie Outage this spring.***  I will update you when the date and place are determined.  Thank you to all that have responded in support and to those who have commented on Bill's life and experiences with him.

Regards.
Duane Hutchinson
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2009, 03:49 by RackemUp »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: William H. Casey
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2009, 09:15 »
This really is sad news. Bill was a great guy and a pleasure to work with. I met him, his wife Maureen and his daughter Sharon at St. Lucie a few years ago when I got back into the outage circuit. Maureen is a contract technician and Sharon is a Bartlett Site Coordinator... my heart goes out to both.

When I met Bill he was working on a valve in the basement of containment and he had a question about the job. I went to see where he was working and got the area set up (it was very tight in there) so that I could get my air sample and stay out of his way. I guess he appreciated the effort, because I became his personal HP (at least to him) from then on. He had a way of making people feel comfortable with him right away. I will miss him.  :(
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2009, 10:07 »
 This is truly a sad time,  Bill was like  my Dad in so many ways  and trust me he many times made me aware of my behavior good or bad and got my attention to straighten up and yes I too at some point in time was his personal HP as well Roger so I can relate.He will be missed by all of us, Sharon is my friend and my  sister too ,my heart goes out to her and Maureen and to  all the family members during  this difficult time.they are family to me and it is a tough time for all. Bill will be missed by so many as his smile and humor brought so much to all of us out there. If anyone would like the contacts of the family please contact me and I will give you that information..
My deepest sympathy to my family at this time :(
Love
Diane
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2009, 10:08 by dinutt »

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2009, 10:32 »
Bill definitely was one of "the good guys".  He will be missed by so many of us. He was always smiling and always put a smile on my face.  May God bless his family with all the wonderful memories of Bill I'm sure they have, and may those memories give them some comfort during this time. My heart goes out to them.
Ruth
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

pappy

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:09 »
Always sad to hear of any of our small family of Nukeworkers losing another family member. We all have so little time with each other. I know that he has been struggling for a while with the cancer. I send my prayers for his family during this time.....TOM

AMurra32

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2009, 02:58 »
This really is a sad time.  My Uncle Bill  was good to me all my life.  I have so many wonderful memories of him, especially when I was a little girl.  It was sad to wake up today knowing that I will never see him again. He is loved and missed.  :'(
Amanda
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2009, 03:01 by AMurra32 »

remowil55

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:57 »
This is very sad news. I have worked with Sharon and Maureen and Bill on several occasions at St. Lucie and Turkey Point. I consider them my friends. Bill was one hell of guy, he knew his business and was one of the hardest working men i have ever meet. Because of his knowledge and professionalism he made an HP's job easier. He always had a smile on his face when ever i seen him. Bil you are loved and will be missed. Remo

Offline coolbreeze20650

• Light User
  • Look over your shoulder!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:05 »
I've enjoyed playing golf with Bill and visited him after his stroke last year, he was definitely going to get better and go back to work.  Remember it very well pulling valves in the PRZ at St. Lucie, the young crew leaving because they needed the jib crane to pull the valves.  Then there was Bill , valve hanging by his right hand, looking for a bag and rad tag.  He was a tough and great guy.

emyers

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:01 »
I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and sentiments.  Bill was the best step-father a girl could ever hope for and his death has been hard on all of us. We all had a wonderful Christmas with him and we were so glad to share this time. It's truly a treasure to know he touched others in the way he touched all of us...with his love, honesty, quiet humor and gentle strength.  I'm looking forward to meeting all of the nuke family when we come for his memorial.  He was a wonderful father, a devoted husband and, as my girls would say...the best Grampsio ever!  My heart goes out to all of you, especially Duane and Diane for your support of Sharon and my mom during this time.  He truly lived his life to the fullest and he LOVED his work...really loved the time he spent working and all of the people he worked with over the past several years. We will all carry a bit of Bill Casey with us wherever we go.
Erika

emyers

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:31 »
My grampsio was the best person in the world. I miss him sooooooooooo much. It has been realy hard on my mom. I feel so bad for her. We all miss him a lot. Christmas was the last time we saw him. It was realy hard to know that he might die, But I knew that it was probably for the best. I thank everyone who has helped my mom through this hard time. Thank-you especially to Auntie Sharon, Amanda, and Nana. :P Kiara
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2009, 07:33 by emyers »

Offline DrgnHiker

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2009, 12:59 »
So many times and words going through my head over this past week, it's hard to know where to start or where to end when thinking about Bill and Maureen and Sharon and the rest of the family. I've known them all for so long and we have had many many good times with tons of laughter. Bill was a joy to work with and acted as a surrogate Dad for me. He was a great "Dad" and a wonderful person and I know I am going to miss him, as will all his primary family and all his secondary "nuke" family. My thoughts and prayers are with Sharon, Maureen and the rest of the family. My heart knows that Bill is sitting in a happy wonderful painfree place, smiling down on us all.

caseyrose

« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2009, 03:34 »
 :'(  With a heavy heart I am making this post.  Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in December after he returned from working the South Texas outage in December.  He passed only 8 weeks later.  We all thought we may have more time with him but it was not to be.  He was able to die with the dignity he lived his life.  Maureen and I would like to thank everyone for all the posts, calls and cards.   Dad did enjoy working very much.  At 78 years old he knew he had had a long life and he felt it had been a good one.  Dad's life was enriched by the friendship's he cultivated, many of which he made on the road.  I was always proud to work with him and enjoyed sharing him as a Dad with all the sons and daughters he took in when he was working.  I was privileged to be able to work with my Dad, he was also a great roomie on the road.  We will be planning a memorial service at a time when everyone can be together probably around the St Lucie outage.  He told us to make sure we had cookies for his guys he worked with cause "they liked cookies"  We will let everyone know when this will be.  Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. 

radman5030

« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2009, 11:44 »
Dear Sharon and Maureen,

I just heard about your loss and am so sorry. Although I only worked with Bill a couple of times I enjoyed joking with him and we had a couple of good laughs. He was a person that upon first meeting, you felt like you have known him for years. He would always bring a smile to me and it was a pleasure knowing him, even if it was for a short time. He will be missed by many and I know he is by you both. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

Sincerely,
Larry Dustin

catradjedi

« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2009, 12:50 »
Dearest Sharon and Maureen,

I have just heard of Bills passing and wanted you to know how much he will be missed. I loved him like my own father, and you are both in my thoughts and prayers. I heard only because I was telling a Riverbend outage story and somebody said Yes Sharon's father just passed. I carry you in my heart now and forever.

Love Always
Cat Jensen

ljeanniepc

« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2009, 07:53 »
Sharon, Maureen, & Family,

Just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Bill was a wonderful caring person and will be missed by all who knew him. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Jeannie
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2009, 08:08 by ljeanniepc »

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2009, 01:59 »
Sharon & Maureen...

Sorry for your loss, Bill was always such a pleasure to be around...
I only wish I had been able to get out on the golf course with him...
He will be sorely missed..

Barry

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?