Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu This can't be good.....  

Author Topic: This can't be good.....  (Read 18943 times)

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
Re: This can't be good.....
« Reply #25 on: Dec 29, 2009, 03:50 »
I wrote a posting illustrating what's wrong with the CTEs in the navy.
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,18370.msg104781.html#msg104781
EDIT: This posting represents my own personal experiences and may or may not be relevant to you or anyone else.

I wholeheartedly believe that the root cause of these problems is that a top-notch training program onboard a ship takes more time and resources than the command has (or is willing to spend).  There's simply more important things.  It's not perfect.  But hey, it's an imperfect world.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009, 09:22 by sovbob »
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #26 on: Dec 29, 2009, 04:33 »
are the cte exams graded in a way where only a certin percent are supposed to pass, example 20 percent get a's and 20 percent get b' and so on.  or is it possible for everyone to do well. another words are they trying to single people out, because only a certain number of people will have to work those bad front line boats. or do they want everyone to do well.

You have a very long time before you need to worry about Continuing Training Exams.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #27 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:55 »
I wrote a posting illustrating what's wrong with the CTEs in the navy.
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,18370.msg104781.html#msg104781

I wholeheartedly believe that the root cause of these problems is that a top-notch training program onboard a ship takes more time and resources than the command has (or is willing to spend).  There's simply more important things.  It's not perfect.  But hey, it's an imperfect world.
You wrote what was wrong with CTE on your boat.  You are correct that the time and resources available for a top-notch training program simply are not there for many commands.  Recent changes to the source documents have been made to try and give boats more leeway on how they administer their training programs.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
« Reply #28 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:23 »
Good point, DM.  I've added a disclaimer to my post.
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?