Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu credit history? honeypot

Author Topic: credit history?  (Read 3861 times)

duke nukem

credit history?
« on: Mar 11, 2009, 04:24 »
 I'm new to the site and even though I joined to use the search option I still can't find the info. I’m sure someone will point out to me that I didn't search hard enough, but I’m going to ask regardless. I was able to find info regarding credit history and that it can remove you from consideration as a nuke, however the post I’ve read seem to be pretty well off anyway so I’m not sure why they were asking.
        To give some background, I used to by cars at auction for a dealership and was relocated to Florida to help build up a new dealership. Shortly after signing a 1 year lease gas prices cause the market and my salary to tank. Thankfully I was only out of work for one and a half months, but being only 22 with no degree my next job was at half the pay and I had to cut as much luxury items as possible just to stay ten days behind my bills. Once things started to get caught up a cousin who lived with me crashed my motorcycle and moved out leaving me with three months of his share of bills and $4000 owed on a wrecked bike. And as a final straw I had to voluntarily return my car to keep my apartment.
        Needless to say I have a very colorful credit report now, I was told by a recruiter (not a nuke recruiter) that as long is everything is now on payment arrangements (which they are) I’ll be ok. now, if that is true then I have one problem, my car has not been sold at auction yet so I can't set up a pay plan and it is reporting as charged-off. My recruiter said that if I do well on ASVAB then a nuke recruiter can get a waiver so I can still go nuke. Is it true, if so how high do I need to score on ASVAB and is there anything else I need?
 ???

andrew.pigg

Re: credit history?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:14 »
Its not an issue of getting a waiver--Its a problem of getting security clearance.  It sounds like your on the right track...The navy doesnt make your credit problems go away...and if you dont have things in line before you leave to start a new life, problems just start to compound and get out of hand fast.  There is a very large handful of nukes here that graduated A school and then are sitting around with their thumbs up their rear ends because they dont have clearance to go to powerschool.  Its not a good position to be in...

mizzyung

Re: credit history?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2009, 10:39 »
Yeah...you're on the right track. There's really nothing more you can do at this point. if you qualify for the nuke program, they will let you join and go to boot camp and A School despite your debt but without a security clearance, you can't start power school, but that doesn't mean you automatically get disqualified. You get put on T-track (hold) and do the odd jobs and stand the odd watches around site until you clearance come in. I was worried about the same thing and I actually had my clearence when I got there already despite my horrible credit from student loans and other bills. My income tax was even taken from me, but it al depends on the security office and workers and what pace they are moving at. My husband had the exact opposite problem. He joined at 17 with absolutely nothing on his credit report and no accounts anywhere to even do a background check on and it took them an extra 9 months after A school to clear him. So it's kind of a toss up on what the security people are doing.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?