Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Question About Waivers, record review, etc.

Author Topic: Question About Waivers, record review, etc.  (Read 2690 times)

cspeterson2

Question About Waivers, record review, etc.
« on: Mar 13, 2009, 09:56 »
Hello everyone,
   I am trying to get to the interview next Wednesday for an instructor position and have a few quick questions.
1. I was told that a waiver is needed for a C+ I got in calc II (which was taken before calc I, long story) even though all my upper level math courses are A's. If a waiver is needed, will I need to sign something at my recruiters office or is that taken care of in DC?
2. Also, how long does it typically take for a medical records review after the package has been sent from my recruiter to NR.

So I guess the big question is, what are the odds of getting to DC on Wednesday? Sorry for the boring questions, but I am ready to get this process going.

Other info:
GPA: 3.81
major: Physics
minor: Nuclear Engineering

Thanks in advance for your input,
C.S. Peterson
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2009, 11:08 by cspeterson2 »

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
Re: Question About Waivers, record review, etc.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2009, 03:01 »
1. You will need a waiver for the C for instructor.  You need one for any "technical" classes you recieved a C or below for either instructor or NR Engineer.  The good news is that you don't have to do anything for this.  Neither does your recruiter.  We do all of that here in Millington.  It does need to be approved prior to you recieving an invite though. 

2. Medical review typically is turned around in 2-5 business days once the records are uploaded in the medical waivers system (think big database).  They never don't go to NR, they come here to Millington and get reviewed by a group called N3M.  Once they've determined that you are physically qualified to be in the program you applied for, they'll issue a PQ letter.

When we have that PQ letter and your academics have been reviewed as satisfactory by NR, only then do you get invited for interview.

Good news is that you are PQ'd, and have been invited for NR Engineer or Instructor.  Good luck up there!! 

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
Re: Question About Waivers, record review, etc.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2009, 03:05 »
By the way, I am serious.  You ARE invited, I just checked with the program manager.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?