Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu GIBill in tandem with NUPOC

Author Topic: GIBill in tandem with NUPOC  (Read 4053 times)

Josiah

GIBill in tandem with NUPOC
« on: Mar 17, 2009, 05:05 »
Greetings,

I have recently finished my 6 year enlisted term as a nuke MM and am persuing an interest in the NUPOC program; I was wondering two things.

Does my time in rate apply to my pay while in school?

Is it possible to still use the GI Bill while collecting money from the NUPOC program?

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
Re: GIBill in tandem with NUPOC
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2009, 10:00 »
Yes your time in service counts toward pay for nupoc.  So for example if you have 6 years prior service.  You would come in as an E-6 over six (E-7 over six if you refer a buddy who gets in). 

You're active duty while in nupoc, so you can use GI bill, but the rules are different.  they reimburse only actual tuition expenses up to the normal monthly pay limit.  So if your tuition bill works out to be $500/month, then that's all you'll get.  But you aren't charged a full month of benefits if that is the case.  I know that's probably confusing, check out VA.gov or talk to the vetran's affairs office at your school for more info.   

Josiah

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2009, 10:25 »
Thanks,

That actually make sense. I have a little familularity with Active GI Bill, but I will look at it a little closer now. As far as refural for E-7 pay, is that for just NUPOC, or does that work for enlisted nukes as well?

Oh, and an unlikelyhood, but does NNPTC's have any weight against the requirement for a year of calc and a year of physics prior to qualifying for the program?

- Josiah
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2009, 10:28 by Josiah »

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2009, 03:44 »
The E-7 promotion is just for NUPOC. 
Short answer to your second question is no, but your prior service is a big plus that is taken into consideration.  It just won't permit you to not have to take calc/physics. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?