Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Basic Navy Life (home-time) honeypot

Author Topic: Basic Navy Life (home-time)  (Read 4675 times)

blonderocker1343

Basic Navy Life (home-time)
« on: Apr 06, 2009, 01:44 »
So how does it work? when do u have vacation time? 3 months at sea, one month off, how does it work?.... get at least a week off here and there? cause i know some guys have to spend exstra days in the navy because they were at vacation to long or somethin. So after an assignment, can i choose a later one to be at home for a while or what? Cause i know the whole "relationship" issue, but she understands, i understand, i just wanna know exactly the possibilities i have on coming home for a weekend. im talking once in the fleet, not school, because all the "school" questions are already answered.

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
Re: Basic Navy Life (home-time)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2009, 01:55 »
(1)  Try posting in the Getting In board under Navy Nuke.
(2)  Learn to spell and use grammar before you post in that forum.
(3)  You're kidding, right?
(4)  There are no guarantees.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2009, 03:17 »
Don't listen to all these uptight, know it all warhorses. The modern Navy is not a Wooden Ships and Iron Men, Neanderthal, millstone grinding existence.

You mean....this isn't how they relieve the watch underway nowadays?  :P

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2009, 03:29 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2009, 03:30 »
Hmmm.... I wouldn't listen to all doom and gloom, but there is a big phrase that will not go away and that is the "Needs of Navy" which will always take precedence. Treatment may vary by command and personnel just like every other job you will get anywhere. I understand Marssim's comments, as there are more than a few curmudgeons on this site who think tough love is what Nubs, Newbies, and other budding hopefulls need. This is not a new topic and if you do a little searching you will find both positive and negative feedback.

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2009, 04:00 »
So perhaps the way to accurately answer the question is....it depends.  And, as I said, there are no guarantees.  Time off comes when you can get it.  Time off after a deployment doesn't mean time off as someone still has to stand duty....unless you take leave....which again, is when you can get it.  If assigned to submarines, this is not the first two weeks of a deployment!
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

BuddyThePug

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2009, 10:16 »
So perhaps the way to accurately answer the question is....it depends.  And, as I said, there are no guarantees.  Time off comes when you can get it.  Time off after a deployment doesn't mean time off as someone still has to stand duty....unless you take leave....which again, is when you can get it.  If assigned to submarines, this is not the first two weeks of a deployment!

Well, if he goes subs and gets a T-hull, he can probably get a choice of being there for the birth or the conception, but not both.......

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?