Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security Clearance Question honeypot

Author Topic: Security Clearance Question  (Read 3704 times)

Wreid07

Security Clearance Question
« on: Apr 13, 2009, 12:53 »
When they are performing a Secret Clearance investigation on you for the nuclear officer program, do they contact all my previous employers or do they stick with just a credit check, and national and local criminal records search?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Security Clearance Question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2009, 01:04 »
Anything and everything in last 7 years is fair game.

Samabby

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2009, 02:03 »
My son's Little League coach was contacted.  :o

Wreid07

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:24 »
Yea I heard of them contacting little league coaches and teachers for the top secret clearance but never for ordinary secret.... I think I seen a posting saying they did not even contact his references forordinary secret but I was just hoping someone with more insight knew what they actually check.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:29 »
Yea I heard of them contacting little league coaches and teachers for the top secret clearance but never for ordinary secret.... I think I seen a posting saying they did not even contact his references forordinary secret but I was just hoping someone with more insight knew what they actually check.

I hope you are not asking this question because you are thinking about being less then 100% honest on your security questionnaire.   

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Samabby

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:37 »
" Yea I heard of them contacting little league coaches and teachers for the top secret clearance but never for ordinary secret."

Correct. This was recently for a higher clearance level.

The point, young man, is that NOTHING will remain uncovered. Give it all up on the front end and you won't have to worry about your "back end".  8)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2009, 10:49 »
do they contact all my previous employers

is that the area of concern?

Offline DLGN25

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2009, 12:38 »
If you have a concern about getting a clean security clearance, it is better to fess up before you sign the contract.  Should they find something amiss in you past, you will be made an E-3 and could end up in First Division.  Not a place you would like to be.
Surely oak and three-fold brass surrounded his heart who first trusted a frail vessel to a merciless ocean.  Horace

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?