Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu enlisted nuke to commissioned officer on the greener side?  

Author Topic: enlisted nuke to commissioned officer on the greener side?  (Read 2787 times)

cleonard19

Has anyone on here ever heard of any enlisted nukes getting picked up for either Army or Marine OCS? Is it even possible, or is an enlisted nuke bound to the Navy until the end of his contract? I know a conventional guy who got picked up for Marine Infantry Officer, and was allowed to go, but as I understand it, your release from the Navy is on a case by case basis, and I can quickly see that turning into a "nukes need not apply situation."
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2009, 10:47 by cleonard19 »

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
I had a nuke MM1 working for me back in 2002 who got selected for Warrant Officer in the Army flying helicopters.

So, it can be done...but I don't know the process.

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

cleonard19

I was actually more interested in the pointier end of the sword than the flying part...

On another note, after having looked around at some numbers available at work, it would appear that my chances of getting the type of ship i requested are pretty good, so with that said... can anyone suggest a distance learning university that would be both credible in the eyes of OCS, AND be manageable while on a fast boat with the schedules and that whole lack of internet thing? I have about 50 credits from before I joined the Navy, plus 30 or so CLEP credits, and whatever I can get for the pipeline. I'd like to get working on this ASAP, and I'll apply to the academy one more time before i'm age-precluded for applying again, but I'm putting most of my eggs in the OCS basket at this point as far as commissioning is concerned.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2009, 09:42 by cleonard19 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?