Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Update on the situation honeypot

Author Topic: Update on the situation  (Read 4624 times)

catch20

Update on the situation
« on: Jun 11, 2009, 07:49 »
Hi all again,

Ok I talked to my recruiter again and I was finally able to get them proactive about this situation.  Another recruiter (more knowledgeable) helped out as mine didn't know what to do, besides saying everything will be fine.  I have explained my situation in more detail, emphasizing the fact the fact that I want those papers to be straight before I ship out so I cannot be accused for lying.  He was told by the other recruiter to contact MEPS and correct all the information, since he finally realizes that all of this will come up.  I have made sure to tel him that he does this not just for the DUI, but for all the charges I mentioned.  He will do this as soon as possible (he better), since I am due to ship out in less then 2 months, being out of the country for one of them.  He says I won't get denuked. he brought up an example of another recruiter who was moved recently, who was a nuke and re-enlisting as an officer, who had clearance even though he had a DUI.  I don't know hot to take all these promises, but I hope he is right.

People on this board has helped me to make this difficult decision, with a high risk, but now I feel more at peace about this situation. Thanks

catch20

Re: Update on the situation
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2009, 08:01 »
Does anyone know what my chances are to stay of not getting denuked? chances on not getting discharged?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2009, 08:17 »
No one can predict that.

I doubt you will be discharged and I doubt you will be denuked. But I am not a doctor.

Good luck and thanks for the update.

Justin

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2009, 08:21 »
The Fleet always needs more A-Gang and Bosun's Mates....
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2009, 08:24 by HydroDave63 »

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2009, 08:32 »
Once you are in, you're in.  However, that original enlistment paperwork will follow you your entire career.  Get into trouble once you're in, and when you are standing in front of the Captain, he will have all your background in front of him.  And while previous transgressions might have been overlooked to get you in, they won't be overlooked at Captain's Mast.  Any new offense related to alcohol might be straw that breaks the camel's back.  That old saying about those who cannot learn from the past are doomed to repeat it comes to mind.
That said, the Navy's Drug and Alcohol treatment programs (which they are required to offer you if you get in trouble with either one), are some of the best in the world.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2009, 09:18 »
The Fleet always needs more A-Gang and Bosun's Mates....

That was funny....+K
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2009, 10:46 »
It's good to see that you stepped up and did the right thing.
You will find that it is never going to be easy to make that kind of choice, but it is easier to live with yourself when you do.
Good luck.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline G-reg

• Heavy User
  • C'mere and chum some of this...
« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2009, 01:01 »
Well done!

Keep in mind that not everything will be capable of undo-ing in the future.  Some of the decisions you will be making, can only be made once.  Choose them well.
"But that's just my opinion - I could be wrong."
  -  Dennis Miller

catch20

« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2009, 03:08 »
Thanks everyone. I am definitely at peace, knowing, that I did my best to correct this situation. Next week I should find out the results.

Fermi2

« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2009, 04:34 »
Good job. Now keep the lesson you learned here in mind.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2009, 03:45 »
And stay away from the booze!

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?