Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu On the right track for NUPOC?
honeypot

Author Topic: On the right track for NUPOC?  (Read 9805 times)

matteagle3000@yahoo.com

On the right track for NUPOC?
« on: Jun 21, 2009, 09:16 »
Hey guys and girls. This forum is really great and it has helped me a lot! I do have a question though.

I'm going to a smaller school this year (freshman year) with 18 hours already. Plus I'm taking 18 hours this semester and next and will take Calc III and DiffEq and probably thermodynamics  in the summer semesters. After that I will be a junior in terms of hours and I am transferring to Georgia Tech for Nuclear Engineering. When can I actually apply for nupoc? I have already submitted the application and have the references for my recruiter and he is supposed to be sending me the security application. Do I have to wait till I complete Physics II or do can I interview while enrolled in the class??? My recruiter seems kinda uninterested seeing how it is 6 months at best till I can apply or more if I have to wait till physics II is over so any help would be great!!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

matteagle3000@yahoo.com

Re: On the right track for NUPOC?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2009, 09:36 »
My apologies for reposting. So looks like I will have to wait till completing Physics II but when should I start trying for an interview. Do I wait until after the semester is over or do can I start so I can time it to allow me an interview almost immediately after I finish that semester?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2009, 09:41 »
I'm no expert, but I get the impression that they want to see "sophomore" on your application...

matteagle3000@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2009, 09:43 »
Well I'll be a sophomore at the end of this semester.

Offline juggalonic

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2009, 10:48 »
I'm no expert, but I get the impression that they want to see "sophomore" on your application...

The key is 30 months prior to graduation, which usually does mean sophmore, is the earliest you can apply.  If you are super motivated you should establish contact with your local Officer Recruiter at about the 32-33 month out point to go over the application and get the ball rolling because it can take 1-3 months to get the application together and submitted.  With transferring to a bigger school Naval Reactors will probably want to see at least one set of grades from that bigger school, especially a school like GT that is a top producing nuke school.

SSBN_SeaWolf

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2009, 07:23 »
I know someone who applied to the program without taking Physics II. But they granted a conditional interview, given that you complete the class with a grade of C or better. So it is best to start on the application, as it might take a few months to get everything sorted, including MEPS and SF86 to even get to the interview.

Offline waynecounty17

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2013, 02:15 »
Right know I am a freshman at Georgia Southern University. After my fist semester I have a 3.82 GPA and I am a Chemistry of Bachelor Science major. Am I on the right track for the NUPOC Program? IF not, do i need to change my major to something else to pursue my goals?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2013, 05:52 »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2013, 09:12 »
Right know I am a freshman at Georgia Southern University. After my first semester I have a 3.82 GPA and I am a Chemistry of Bachelor Science(¿word order?) major. Am I on the right track for the NUPOC Program? IF not, do i need to change my major to something else to pursue my goals?

Looks like you are on track, once the ESL course is completed  :P

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?