Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu This is going to seem silly
honeypot

Author Topic: This is going to seem silly  (Read 5955 times)

Carib

This is going to seem silly
« on: Jul 06, 2009, 04:45 »
 I recently became interested in becoming a Navy Nuke, and set out to find out more. I found out I had to take the ASVAB, and decided to research the ASVAB. I found a 200 question, pratice test online at Military.com, and took it. I scored well on it, but I don't know how accurate it is. If anyone has taken it or wouldn't mind taking a look at it and letting me know how accurate it is I would deeply appreciate it.

Carib

Re: This is going to seem silly
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2009, 04:57 »
What I want to know is how accurate military.com is.
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2009, 04:58 by Carib »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2009, 05:05 »
What I want to know is how accurate military.com is.

do you ask them about nukeworker.com ?

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2009, 05:16 »
The ASVAB is an aptitude test. It's not like taking the SAT. if you did well on the practice, you should do ok on the real thing.

Don't fear the outcome, just take the test.

If you make good enough you will have to take the NFQT. Research that one.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

withroaj

« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2009, 05:20 »
This really seems silly. :P

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2009, 05:29 »
This really seems silly. :P

< clunks you upside the head with a buttery cinnamon roll....

withroaj

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2009, 05:33 »
< clunks you upside the head with a buttery cinnamon roll....

Hey, that reply WAS on topic!  I appreciate the cinnamon roll, though (been about two years since I hit the I-25 corridor).

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2009, 05:49 by withroaj »

Specterx96

« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2009, 01:56 »
it is silly, if you scored in the upper 80's on the practice test you should score high enough to take the NFQT, i scored 86 on the practice but landed a 96 (auto-qual nuke) on the real asvab and i didnt have to take the NFQT

jsmcmurrayjr

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2009, 12:36 »
The ASVAB is an aptitude test. It's not like taking the SAT. ...

I don't understand.  I was under the impression the SAT was to measure Scholastic Aptitude.   How are they different?

I've not taken the ASVAB, and I've not taken the SAT in a few years, so I've not much to go on.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2009, 09:07 »
I don't understand.  I was under the impression the SAT was to measure Scholastic Aptitude.   How are they different?

Comparison of two dissimilar topics in a paragraph is an example of Reading Comprehension.

You failed that module.

Please return your test, pencil and scratch paper to the HR lady. You were not the successful candidate.

Offline stephpatton

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2009, 05:49 »
Ok, you want to know how reliable the Military.com practice test is.  I would say take your score, and plus or minus 10 will be your asvab score.  Not too reliable.  There is no harm in just going to MEPS and taking the real thing.  No obligation, no swearing in and signing your life away if you just want to take the test.  Just a much better way to go about things if you don't feel like going to the library.  Personally, there is no way to study for it, you either know the material or you don't.  I have been out of highschool for 6 years, I walked in to take the test, and it all just came back to me.  Only thing I can recommend to re-look over are the geometry formulas, area of a triangle, parallelagram, cone, cylinder, all that pi and radius stuff, just to brush up on the correct formulas for each. It sucks when you have to remember that stuff and it takes a little while longer depending on how long it's been since you last had to do it.   
If you love someone, set them free.  If they come back, set them on fire. -George Carlin

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2009, 06:42 »
I don't understand.  I was under the impression the SAT was to measure Scholastic Aptitude.   How are they different?

I've not taken the ASVAB, and I've not taken the SAT in a few years, so I've not much to go on.

ASVAB measures your basic aptitude, basic math, basic reading, spacial aptitude, basic mechanics (if this gear is turning clockwise, which way is the gear on the end turning?) it's not meant to be hard.

It's meant to see what kind of job you are best suited for. score low: you'll be mopping and painting, score high: you can usually pick your job.

Of course this is off the top of my head. I'm sure there is better info out there
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?