Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Suggestions for sites for Open Directory Project honeypot

Author Topic: Suggestions for sites for Open Directory Project  (Read 6133 times)

JassenB

Suggestions for sites for Open Directory Project
« on: Mar 30, 2004, 12:09 »
Hey all --

I recently became the editor for the Health Physics & Radiation Protection category of the Open Directory Project (www.dmoz.org). I'm trying to clear out some of the junk/broken/useless sites, and fill it in with good, solid, informational sites related to health physics and radiation protection.

If anybody has suggestions for web sites with really good reference information, I would love to hear them.

Of course, NukeWorker.com has already been added. :)

Thanks!
-Jassen

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Suggestions for sites for Open Directory Project
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2004, 12:22 »
Jassen,
I've used DMOZ, but why not give us some background on the site. I like it better than the computer generated garbage.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2004, 07:48 »
www.nukeworker.com
(Nukeworker)

http://atom.kaeri.re.kr/ton/
(Chart of the Nuclides)

http://www.nrrpt.org/
(NRRPT)

http://www.ans.org
(American Nuclear Society)

www.nrc.gov
(NRC)

www.tva.gov
(TVA)

(Plus links from this site)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:04 »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

JassenB

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2004, 07:38 »
Thanks for the input. Some of those are already listed, but I'll input the rest this weekend.

For those that don't know, dmoz.org is the site of the Open Directory Project. It is an "open source" initiative to create a human-edited catalog of the best of the Internet. It was started by Netscape in the late 1990's, and has become the world's largest human edited directory of the Internet.

Thanks for the sites, and keep 'em coming.

-Jassen

harleygirl

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2004, 12:37 »
Jassen karma to you thanks for the info I will have to go check it out.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2004, 12:56 »
Jassen,

You used to be able to make one or two of the sites in the category "Cool Site", or "Featured Site". (I used to be a dmoz editor)  -- Do those options still exhist, if so, could you mark us a "Cool Site".

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?