Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu what its like  

Author Topic: what its like  (Read 4042 times)

bruno90

what its like
« on: Jul 10, 2009, 12:11 »
ive heard a lot about the programs good points but  people who didnt make it tell me that the navy restricts u on things while your in the nuke program. is this true ( what is it like on a daily bases compared to other personel) or is it just BS

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
Re: what its like
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2009, 01:45 »
First this is not a chat room or an IM or even a text message forum.  Your question will be evaluated for its content as well as its composure.

You should BSM (be more specific) about the following:
*Your transmission is broken and coming in stupid!* 
Restrictions?  Regular Navy?  Other Personnel?  BS?
*Your transmission is broken and coming in stupid!*

Care to Elucidate?Your transmission is broken and coming in stupid!* 
Call Before You Dig!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2009, 02:17 »
ive heard a lot about the programs good points but  people who didnt make it tell me that the navy restricts u on things while your in the nuke program. is this true ( what is it like on a daily bases compared to other personel) or is it just BS

So, uh, like...umm...what do you have to offer the Navy?

Offline stephpatton

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2009, 09:38 »

Textish to English translation: I only took french in highschool, so my translation in this language may be a little rough:

I have heard a lot of good things the Navy Nuclear Program has to offer, but I have also heard some things from those who weren't bright enough to finish the pipeline.  They tell me that the Navy has restrictions on what you are and are not allowed to do in comparison to other rates.  Is this true?  What is the daily life of a Nuke like in relation to other rates?  Is it possible these De-Nukes are lying to me about the program?

Even in translation, there are few specifics here.  A very BROAD range of answers could follow.  My favorite reply I hear all over this board is...

Try using the search function. 

If at first you don't succeed in getting the answers you want to know, ask a more deliberate and specific question please.  These guys who know more than me will be happy to answer.
If you love someone, set them free.  If they come back, set them on fire. -George Carlin

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2009, 10:09 »
Textish to English translation: I only took french in highschool, so my translation in this language may be a little rough:

I have heard a lot of good things the Navy Nuclear Program has to offer, but I have also heard some things from those who weren't bright enough to finish the pipeline.  They tell me that the Navy has restrictions on what you are and are not allowed to do in comparison to other rates.  Is this true?  What is the daily life of a Nuke like in relation to other rates?  Is it possible these De-Nukes are lying to me about the program?

Even in translation, there are few specifics here.  A very BROAD range of answers could follow.  My favorite reply I hear all over this board is...

Try using the search function. 

If at first you don't succeed in getting the answers you want to know, ask a more deliberate and specific question please.  These guys who know more than me will be happy to answer.

200 Quatloos that Stephpatton goes on to become a Staff Pickup and have a solid career.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

IPREGEN

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2009, 02:50 »
It's all BS and non of it BS. The Navy is not for everybody yet most people can benefit from it. You will bond through adversity with other people, learn tolerance of absolute bullsh*t and find your inner self when there is absolutely nothing to do and nothing to look at that you have not already seen while you are sea. You will meet idiots, as*holes, weirdos, perverts, brainiacs and a few good friends. Some people are going to struggle mentally with civilian life as they move out of mommys house and start their own life, some will struggle with the Navy. It all depends on where you start from in your own noggin. Lots of people have been through it and come out fine.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?