Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu odd situation

Author Topic: odd situation  (Read 2528 times)

bigadam5

odd situation
« on: Jul 11, 2009, 04:36 »
So I am interested in getting into the nuke program. I am 22 with a clean bill of health, no criminal record other than 2 minor traffic violations, no drug use, etc. But the thing is when I was in high school I was a general slacker(I finished top 1/3 of class but I was mainly business), and I started out in community college which I maintained a 3.5 and was a joke pretty much. After words I transfered to PSU for engineering and took a year. At this time I was young and still slacking off and I failed trig. Then the next semester some personal issues happened and I failed calc 1 and physics(got out of a looooooooooooooong relationship and my best friend my whole life passed away). Then the summer came and I was still upset about what happened in the fall and failed physics again and passed calc with a D and withdrew from chem. Then took a year off and came back, did better but failed calc 2 in the fall, and withdrew the next semester(did this because a close family member passed away and I had 2 close friends pass away in that year also). So because of my academics at PSU looking like a bad medical record I was worried. My recruiter tells me don't worry we can  get waivers. But I called the local district office and talked to a navy nuke recruiting officer and he said if I did well on my tests I have a 50/50 shot. Anyone have any advice or ever hear of a similar situation? Thanks any help or advice is encouraged.

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
Re: odd situation
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2009, 07:27 »
Your situation is no different than many of us who enlisted.  What is different today is the recruiting quota, which I can't speak to.  However, my BAC was higher than my GPA during my first attempts at college  :o, and I made it through the nuke pipeline and well beyond.  You won't know if you don't try.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline tingler25

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2009, 11:41 »
College transcripts are no longer required for enlisted nuke. They only look at high school transcripts, but if your math/science is messed up (D or worse) than you can use college transcripts to show positive progression.

Offline stephpatton

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2009, 05:52 »
College transcripts are no longer required for enlisted nuke. They only look at high school transcripts, but if your math/science is messed up (D or worse) than you can use college transcripts to show positive progression.

Are you positive about that?  I just went through a long process of waiting for every transcript of post-secondary education to get mailed into the recruiter's office.
If you love someone, set them free.  If they come back, set them on fire. -George Carlin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?