Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu RP Stickers?  

Author Topic: RP Stickers?  (Read 10573 times)

allforthenukie

RP Stickers?
« on: Apr 12, 2004, 04:23 »
Does anyone know where one could obtain some of those "Radcon" hard hat indentifier stickers for RPs? Or some similar design?
Need a couple hundred of 'em and quick!
These are to be used on RPs hard hats so the outage workers know who the techs are.
I know I could probably make 'em on the ol' label maker but would rather not.
If anyone knows of a supplier or print shop that could Fed Ex some please let me know.

duke99301

Re: RP Stickers?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2004, 04:54 »
contact Bill Berg at ASA safety he can get you what ever you need.
770-277-1058.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2004, 09:19 »
Or you can try www.labelmaster.com.  They can make custom stickers / labels for you.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2004, 10:41 »
Or you can try www.labelmaster.com.  They can make custom stickers / labels for you.

I couldn't find any trifoil products on their site, have you purchased any custom stickers from them in the past? If so, what options does one have in symbols, etc.?

Another place from whom I ordered in a past life, was LabSafety.com  http://www.labsafety.com/search/results.asp?prodKeyword=radioactive   has a few goodies and stickers along these lines
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2004, 10:42 by HydroDave63 »

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2004, 04:06 »
No I haven't purchased any trifoil products from them.  Others on the project have used them and seemed satisfied, hence the "recommendation".  Sorry
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

bronxcheer

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:15 »
D. A. Services

www.daway.com

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2004, 07:52 »
How about NukeWorker Stickers???

DainJer

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2004, 03:07 »

I was waiting to see how long it would take you to recommend that.

As long as everyone wore the same sticker...it would definetly make you stand-out as RP/Techy types.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2004, 03:14 »
plus the obvious advantage, that wannabes can't just grab a Rad Class 7 sticker and snip a trifoil off and masquerade....the NukeWorker.com sticker of distinction!  More publicity for Reference Man!

Druid

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2004, 05:53 »
One thing to check for. Every hard hat I have ever used has a warning label on it that says not to apply any adhesive that is not approved by the manufacturer. I know that stickers are applied to hard hats every day (even some given out by Safety and Health), but if a sticker is applied and it doesn't use an adhesive approved by the manufacturer then the hard hat no longer meets ANSI standards because the adhesive could have affected the plastic.

Like I said I know it is done every day at every facility, and the application of one sticker to a hard hat will not change its effectiveness, but the manufacturer put that warning there for a reason.

allforthenukie

« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2004, 06:45 »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2004, 08:27 »

Maybe on a gold background?  It wouldn't work here with the regular Nukeworker stickers 'cause they started showing up on a bunch of hardhats a couple of months ago.  Like Chickenman, they're everywhere!
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2004, 08:28 by Nuclear NASCAR »
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

allforthenukie

« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2004, 01:21 »
We have obtained all of the RP identifier stickers we need for the outage.
Once again, thank you all for the help!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?