Facility & Company Information > Canada

Anyone at Bruce and OPG Ontario?

<< < (3/6) > >>

MrJoyce:
Thanks, I thought it could be something to do with that. Although, the requirements for education seemed pretty standard, it asked for Grade 13? in maths physics and chem (I don't know what these are equivalent to but think they are the same as my A-levels). OPG ask for the same on their site, so I don't know if they want more or less?

Hmmmmm

stormgoalie:

--- Quote from: MrJoyce on Jul 30, 2009, 08:44 ---Thanks, I thought it could be something to do with that. Although, the requirements for education seemed pretty standard, it asked for Grade 13? in maths physics and chem (I don't know what these are equivalent to but think they are the same as my A-levels). OPG ask for the same on their site, so I don't know if they want more or less?

Hmmmmm

--- End quote ---

For some reason known only to Canadians they instituted Grade 13 as a "pre-college" grade following high school.  Or at least that is my understanding.  I am surprised that OPG isn't also requiring a 2 year diploma in an applicable field (Durham College in Oshawa, Ontario offers a 2yr. Power Engineer diploma that was designed to pump out NOIT's).  Keep your eyes open as they will be hiring operators on a fairly frequent basis.

MrJoyce:
A quick browse on Wikipedia confirms all that, Grade 13 OAC was abolished in 2003 to be replaced by a 2 or 3 year college degree (at the same age I did 2 year A-levels).  Feeling a little relieved...

MrJoyce:
No reason to worry, got this email today:

'July 30, 2009

PLEASE NOTE:  you were sent this notification yesterday (below) regarding your application to the NOIT (Nuclear Operator in Training) Vacancy.  This is to reassure you that your application will be reactivated and considered for the position when we repost it.

You will NOT need to reapply to this vacancy as previously communicated.

Thanks for your understanding!

Human Resources'

stormgoalie:
There you go ;D 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version