Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu nuke school questions... honeypot

Author Topic: nuke school questions...  (Read 21991 times)

jtb101786

nuke school questions...
« on: Aug 07, 2009, 11:09 »
I just took my ASVAB and and qualified for the Navy nuke program but I have some reservations. It has been a couple of years since I was in school and math was never my strongest subject. I took algebra I, geometry, and algebra II. I passed all of them but with difficulty. I did however take advanced honors chemistry and physics and did quite well in them. I was curious about the math involved in the nuke program. What does everyone think. I just want to know if sucess is possible without top notch math skills, but with an excellent background an ability in the sciences involved. Thank you very much.

Jordan Brown

blonderocker1343

Re: nuke school questions...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2009, 03:28 »
I'm leaving soon, so I'm just speculating from what i heard, they start you down to alga I and work you up FASTLY but throughly. They have all the state of the art programs with computers and stuff and all the officers are there around the clock for extra help. I believe the school is hard for everyone in different ways, but they give you the tool to succeed, it just depends on, do you want to use them or not. If you have the will, and desire, and want to study hard enough, I'm sure almost everyone can do it. If your asvab was fine and u passed all the pre tests, obviously you meet there minimill standards that they can work with... I would sorta delete this thread and search for others. There will be allot of people who yell at you and say " GO SEARCH THE FOURMS". i've been yelled at all over the last months but, i do see where they're coming from. I hope i was of some little hope and confidence. But it doesn't hurt to revisit an old math book or chem book and get a little hold on it to refresh. I just came out of HS and i'm leaving in october. So my mind is still a little fresh :p

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2009, 07:48 »
I'm leaving soon, so I'm just speculating from what i heard, they start you down to alga I and work you up FASTLY but throughly. They have all the state of the art programs with computers and stuff and all the officers are there around the clock for extra help. I believe the school is hard for everyone in different ways, but they give you the tool to succeed, it just depends on, do you want to use them or not. If you have the will, and desire, and want to study hard enough, I'm sure almost everyone can do it. If your asvab was fine and u passed all the pre tests, obviously you meet there minimill standards that they can work with... I would sorta delete this thread and search for others. There will be allot of people who yell at you and say " GO SEARCH THE FOURMS". i've been yelled at all over the last months but, i do see where they're coming from. I hope i was of some little hope and confidence. But it doesn't hurt to revisit an old math book or chem book and get a little hold on it to refresh. I just came out of HS and i'm leaving in october. So my mind is still a little fresh :p

Is this English?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2009, 10:09 »
Is this English?

It probably is on facebook.... :D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2009, 10:36 »
As the maitre'd said in Ferris Bueller's Day Off "I weep for the future"   :'(

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2009, 12:57 »
As do I, and not on my facebook!

blonderocker1343

« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2009, 06:29 »
This is exactly what I'm talking about. They follow me like vultures.

Offline Longhornfan

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2009, 10:30 »
But you make it so easy! 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #8 on: Aug 09, 2009, 02:45 »
In fact, so easy a Caveman can do it

"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Aug 09, 2009, 03:23 »
In fact, so easy a Caveman can do it

Even a Caveman can Tweet it onto his Facebook..omg..lol..h r u ?

LaviniaSkies

« Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2009, 10:51 »
Fear not, gentlemen, there are a few of us twenty-somethings who know/use proper grammar and spelling.

ravenuke

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2009, 03:25 »
Is this English?

BZ,

What band are you showing in your picture?  I keep seeing it and my curiosity is getting the best of me.

Thank you

Fermi2

« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2009, 04:18 »
The lady in the picture is Rachel May, lead guitarist/song writer/lead vocalist for a band called Broadzilla. It's a 3 woman band that plays some of the best metal I've ever heard. They're based out of Detroit. They won the best Detroit Area Band for 5 years in a row, then couldn't win it the 6th because it was against the rules. Now they've won 3 more.
Rachel also plays in a band called Grinder, she might be one of the best guitarists in the country. They put on a great show and are excellent to party with!

ravenuke

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2009, 04:40 »
I know that was a little off topic but I appreciate it.

Offline Tha Hippo

• Very Lite User
« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2009, 03:58 »
hey man dont worry bout bein bad at math. the a school math is nuthin harder than algebra 2 which i got a D in while in high school. I passed power school math with like a 2.55 which 2.5 is the lowest score u can get and pass. im in prototype now and i can tell you that as for non applied math there is no more of it. the only math you will really need to know is applied which makes it way easier atleast for me. i cant do math that just has random a's b's and c's then the word solve. It really aint nuthin to worry bout. The school aint bad if u apply urself

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2009, 08:02 »
i cant do math that just has random a's b's and c's then the word solve. It really aint nuthin to worry bout. The school aint bad if u apply urself

It was at this point, that I silently cursed the Chain of Command, from Adm. Mullen on down, for failing to add enough Clorox to the gene pool.....   >:( >:(

Khak-Hater

« Reply #16 on: Aug 25, 2009, 09:13 »
I'm going to agree with Hippo.  Don't sweat any weakness you perceive about your mathematical abilities [Einstein would have assured you that his limitations were far greater].  Just because "A man's got to know his limitations," it doesn't mean that you have to let those limitations defeat you before you even start.  Nuke school is about hard work and a good attitude.  If they let you in the program (i.e., you do well enough on the math portion of the nuke test], then your math skills are adequate to make it through.  Roll up your sleeves and get ready to get to work.  You'll do just fine. 

As far as the grammar police/curmudgeon club goes, I have to believe that these kids are just screwing with you at this point.  I would if I were them.

mgm

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #17 on: Aug 25, 2009, 10:44 »
This may be off topic, but I was talking to the 17 year old son of a friend about the nuclear world and he had never heard of Chernobyl. I made him google it. Jeez.

Justin

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #18 on: Aug 25, 2009, 11:26 »
This may be off topic, but I was talking to the 17 year old son of a friend about the nuclear world and he had never heard of Chernobyl. I made him google it. Jeez.

Justin
There are adults working at commercial nukes sites today that think TMI stands for too much information.  They are ignorant about what occurred in Middletown back in March of 1979 or the lessons we hopefully have learned from it.

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

- George Santayana

...and drifting farther off topic.

I just took my ASVAB and and qualified for the Navy nuke program but I have some reservations. It has been a couple of years since I was in school and math was never my strongest subject. I took algebra I, geometry, and algebra II. I passed all of them but with difficulty. I did however take advanced honors chemistry and physics and did quite well in them. I was curious about the math involved in the nuke program. What does everyone think. I just want to know if sucess is possible without top notch math skills, but with an excellent background an ability in the sciences involved. Thank you very much.

Jordan Brown

Jordan if you scored well enough to enter the pipeline you will be able to handle what they give you, it may be harder if you are weak in one area but you will do fine if you are willing to put in the work.

Marlin

hkstoll

« Reply #19 on: Sep 24, 2009, 07:22 »
Don't worry about the Math. I'm two months into power school, and just finished up the actual math course. I never got above a C in math in high school, but I came out of math with a decent score, and I'm sitting on a 3.25 over all. The best advice I have, which everyone has already stated, is just put an honest effort into it.

Addytrippin

« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2009, 11:31 »
Don't worry about the Math. I'm two months into power school, and just finished up the actual math course. I never got above a C in math in high school, but I came out of math with a decent score, and I'm sitting on a 3.25 over all. The best advice I have, which everyone has already stated, is just put an honest effort into it.

I have to say my experience was quite different from the above author. Before the Navy I had always had no trouble with math. In elementary I was placed in more advanced programs because of how well I did on various tests. However middle school and high school I slacked off and started smoking a lot of doobage, but still managed A-, and B+'s. Even when I took the ASVAB, I asked my recruiter why I didn't have to take other "nuke test" along with the rest of the people trying to get in, many of them had a higher overall ASVAB. He said it was because my math and science scores were so high.
     However in Nuke Field "A" school and power school, I ended up failing the math classes (and there was no doobage involved.) Both of these math are pretty similar to each other in that  Power School Math builds more on "A" school Math. They are both algebra intensive, and many of the problems rely heavily on symbols and letters, rather than numbers. The main emphasis of these math classes in "A" and Power School are to get the students to become accustomed to following procedure, math and non math related, and to use the correct sequence in solving the problems. (At least that is how they explained it after I was getting my arse chewed after each test I failed.)
    In Power School After I had failed math I had a meeting with the Master Chief in charge of our graduating class (I can't remember his official title in the chain of command), who informed me that in the previous three classes, none of the students who failed math ended up making it through Power School (he could've been lying to scare me though) However, in both "A" and Power School I never failed another class, let alone another test. When I was able to apply the math to a real life situation I did fine. The difference between the math in the math classes and the math in the other classes is the math in the other classes were more than just doing the problem in the correct order of operations (remember PEMDAS?) In the other classes, I knew what the symbols were and therefore I could figure out how to apply them, rather than a jumble of letters and symbols.
    This may not be the same for you. I would highly suggest that you if you do decide to join the Nuke Program it is something you really want to do. I thought I would like the Nuke Program, and I will admit I love the theory of a Nuke Power Plant, however at the end of the day, I was only a glorified plumber stuck on a crappy sub. Also, take a look at your learning style as well. If you can do math problems without it applied to something you should do fine with the math in all the courses, and it sounds from your statement that you won't have a problem with the rest of the courses. One really major problem is that they "dumb down" a lot of concepts to make it easier for some people to understand, to the point where it is harder some of the smarter people to learn. Dumbing down things isn't the way I learn, and a lot of the time we were told to accept certain explanations for theories as fact. More than once I would come to a conclusion based on what they told us to help me out in learning certain ideas/theories and would ask the instructor if my conclusion was correct, to which the instructor would reply "No." Most of the conclusions I came up about these theories turned out to be correct as I later learned in some of the post Navy physics/engineering classes I am currently taking. Some of the explanations of the theories I have found to be either quasi false or completely false. (Remember that last sentence when they try to explain Pair Production...)
     One last piece of information about the Power School instructors. Most of the Power School instructors are Commisioned Officers... however many of them were hired by the U.S.N. to teach for two years and have never actually served on a sub or aircraft carrier. While they are quite intelligent, they are not always the best instructors. The best Power School instructors in my experience were enlisted men, mainly because they had real world experience with the Reactor Propulsion Plant. (Note! Enlisted POWER SCHOOL instructors not enlisted "A" school instructors. Although some enlisted "A" school instructors are great, a lot of them are complete tools and have no business teaching anyone about anything... however enlisted power school instuctors usually had to be pretty sh*t hot to be placed on the power school side)
      Sorry... I made this much longer than I had planned. It's just that my idea of the Nuke Navy and schooling turned out to be far different than what I had planned. Keep doing research on it though... it is not a decision one take lightly. Good luck to you. Oh yeah... Wikipedia wasn't around when I was in school so check that out if an instructor explains something poorly. Most of the information is classified because they don't want people  to know what specific things we learn, so most of the stuff that isn't reactor/navy specific is on there and might help you better than the foot and a half of outdated manuals they will give you.

Addytrippin

« Reply #21 on: Oct 01, 2009, 12:42 »
I sure hope you are correct.  I know the entire public school system has been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator but I had been hoping this trend had not spilled over to the nuke program.

Opinion: The public school system hasn't been dumbed down (at least not to the lowest common denominator.) It's all the texting, facebook/twitter, and forum posting crap. It's the internet, and most people are in too big of a hurry to post without taking the time to try to form a somewhat grammatically correct statement. Proof reading is only for term papers now, haven't you heard. I know there are probably more than a few mistakes here, but at least I put in a little effort. Also, I think LOLcats may be a contributing factor.

As for Nuke school dumbing down, I don't know how it was when you went there, but yeah... most of the theories are dumbed down... unless the in depth explanations my college courses provide aren't as good as power schools, but somehow I doubt that. (I'd give you specific examples but the navy would probably try to find a way to screw me over, especially if the public found out how inadequate their program actually is.) As for the whole "nukes are accademically the top 10% of the military"... it could be true but most of the nukes I know wouldn't last a month in the courses I am taking now, at least not with the crappy explanations NNPTC gives them. I'm pretty sure it is just a way to for them to keep morale high, by telling mediocre kids they are smart. Meanwhile, the actual intelligent people realize that the Navy is using them like a $2 hooker and get pissed off attitudes. However, the Navy is one of the places where easier to be promoted for being a Diggit... even if you are retarded. Therefore, the pissed off intelligent people have to answer to the retarded diggits. This causes even more contempt in the spirit, thus causing them to not reenlist, because anyone with half a brain would realize while 60 grand is a great bonus for two years... unless you are surrounded by Diggits who will try to rape you in shaft alley. And if you don't know what I mean by "diggit", it is a term to describe a person who "digs" the Navy. For example, a typical Nuke Diggit will walk around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment as shown by his second class petty officer badge complimented by his one ribbon he received upon graduating boot camp. He will think he is much smarter than what he really is. He also has to buy several new uniforms a year because he knows otherwise he will not get that outstanding uniform inspection due to his worn out knees on his pants. He will preach about things such as honor, courage, commitment, and integrity, and then kick you when you're down. He still starches his shirt daily, and his face. He also will hold true to the "don't ask don't tell" policy by keeping his mouth busy with "other tasks"

"We don't speak in abbreviations here at -N-N-P-T-C" -Fat Retarded Diggit Chief, and presumed homosexual. On the other hand, it is better than the "wanna be officers/ instructors." Power school instructors, because I should have to salute a fresh college grad who is commissioned as an officer for only two years, to teach about a reactor he has never worked on.

Yep I think it's impossible for the nuclear navy to get dumbed down any farther. If intelligence was heat then the nuclear navy would be slightly above absolute zero. And since heat travels from hot to cold, I doubt you will find any colder objects than NNPTC to dumb it down... er... cool it off any more than it already has been. FTN

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #22 on: Oct 01, 2009, 10:24 »
As for Nuke school dumbing down, I don't know how it was when you went there, but yeah... most of the theories are dumbed down... unless the in depth explanations my college courses provide aren't as good as power schools, but somehow I doubt that.
The courses in the Navy are for entry level operators, your college courses are for engineers.
As for the whole "nukes are accademically the top 10% of the military"... it could be true but most of the nukes I know wouldn't last a month in the courses I am taking now, at least not with the crappy explanations NNPTC gives them. I'm pretty sure it is just a way to for them to keep morale high, by telling mediocre kids they are smart. Meanwhile, the actual intelligent people realize that the Navy is using them like a $2 hooker and get pissed off attitudes.
Must have dumbed down a little, we use to be the top 1%. Your class mates passed the same entrance tests you did didn't they? Your perception could be what is faulty. I take it that the Navy hasn't recognized your exceptionalism ergo the attitude.
However, the Navy is one of the places where easier to be promoted for being a Diggit... even if you are retarded. Therefore, the pissed off intelligent people have to answer to the retarded diggits. This causes even more contempt in the spirit, thus causing them to not reenlist, because anyone with half a brain would realize while 60 grand is a great bonus for two years... unless you are surrounded by Diggits who will try to rape you in shaft alley. And if you don't know what I mean by "diggit", it is a term to describe a person who "digs" the Navy. For example, a typical Nuke Diggit will walk around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment as shown by his second class petty officer badge complimented by his one ribbon he received upon graduating boot camp. He will think he is much smarter than what he really is. He also has to buy several new uniforms a year because he knows otherwise he will not get that outstanding uniform inspection due to his worn out knees on his pants. He will preach about things such as honor, courage, commitment, and integrity, and then kick you when you're down. He still starches his shirt daily, and his face. He also will hold true to the "don't ask don't tell" policy by keeping his mouth busy with "other tasks"

"We don't speak in abbreviations here at -N-N-P-T-C" -Fat Retarded Diggit Chief, and presumed homosexual. On the other hand, it is better than the "wanna be officers/ instructors." Power school instructors, because I should have to salute a fresh college grad who is commissioned as an officer for only two years, to teach about a reactor he has never worked on.
You did notice that you are in the Military and that a dedication to service and country are a requirement. I would think that as long as your homosexual chief keeps to himself he is well within Navy regs. Maybe he has not made a pass at you and you are feeling left out.

Yep I think it's impossible for the nuclear navy to get dumbed down any farther. If intelligence was heat then the nuclear navy would be slightly above absolute zero. And since heat travels from hot to cold, I doubt you will find any colder objects than NNPTC to dumb it down... er... cool it off any more than it already has been. FTN

I have heard this all before and those with your attitude did not burn up the world inside or out of the Navy. Those with an open mind get it filled those with all of the answers don't get any new ones. Maybe you are a closet Edgar Alan Poe or Walt Disney and will be an exception, but........
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2009, 10:25 by Marlin »

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #23 on: Oct 01, 2009, 11:07 »
Opinion: The public school system hasn't been dumbed down (at least not to the lowest common denominator.) It's all the texting, facebook/twitter, and forum posting crap. It's the internet, and most people are in too big of a hurry to post without taking the time to try to form a somewhat grammatically correct statement. Proof reading is only for term papers now, haven't you heard. I know there are probably more than a few mistakes here, but at least I put in a little effort. Also, I think LOLcats may be a contributing factor.

As for Nuke school dumbing down, I don't know how it was when you went there, but yeah... most of the theories are dumbed down... unless the in depth explanations my college courses provide aren't as good as power schools, but somehow I doubt that. (I'd give you specific examples but the navy would probably try to find a way to screw me over, especially if the public found out how inadequate their program actually is.) As for the whole "nukes are accademically the top 10% of the military"... it could be true but most of the nukes I know wouldn't last a month in the courses I am taking now, at least not with the crappy explanations NNPTC gives them. I'm pretty sure it is just a way to for them to keep morale high, by telling mediocre kids they are smart. Meanwhile, the actual intelligent people realize that the Navy is using them like a $2 hooker and get pissed off attitudes. However, the Navy is one of the places where easier to be promoted for being a Diggit... even if you are retarded. Therefore, the pissed off intelligent people have to answer to the retarded diggits. This causes even more contempt in the spirit, thus causing them to not reenlist, because anyone with half a brain would realize while 60 grand is a great bonus for two years... unless you are surrounded by Diggits who will try to rape you in shaft alley. And if you don't know what I mean by "diggit", it is a term to describe a person who "digs" the Navy. For example, a typical Nuke Diggit will walk around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment as shown by his second class petty officer badge complimented by his one ribbon he received upon graduating boot camp. He will think he is much smarter than what he really is. He also has to buy several new uniforms a year because he knows otherwise he will not get that outstanding uniform inspection due to his worn out knees on his pants. He will preach about things such as honor, courage, commitment, and integrity, and then kick you when you're down. He still starches his shirt daily, and his face. He also will hold true to the "don't ask don't tell" policy by keeping his mouth busy with "other tasks"

And why are you at NNPTC?
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #24 on: Oct 01, 2009, 11:45 »
Addy's post might explain some of what we see in the fleet today.  That's frustrating.
As the chief/instructor/LPO/mentor, you are being given the keys to the kingdom.  Don't like how you were treated as an xx3, well, you now have the opportunity to utlize your ideas and skills and make the next MM3 better, trained the way you wish you were trained.  Guess its just easier to bitch.
In my opinion, if you aren't willing to shoulder the responsibility to make it a little better every day for the folks working for you, then you give up the right to complain.  Moving up brings with it more responsibility and authority.  Use it, respect it, or get out of the way.
The world needs ditch diggers too.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #25 on: Oct 01, 2009, 01:22 »
And why are you at NNPTC?

DDmurrary,

I don't think he is at NNPTC, but was relaying an incident that he had while he was a lonely little nub.  If I had to guess he is either a six and outer, or less than six and out with some help from people above him saying he needed to go away for one reason or another. 

Alas, he is much like a lot of ex nukes that were so full of bitterness that they don't realize the benefits they received from the program.  While I have had my rants on this forum and have been very critical of some aspects of the NNPP, I fully realize that the program has given me opportunities that would not be found without the program and the ability to take on obstacles that would make most college bound students tremble in fear.  Thus I am proud that I succedded in the program, excelled when I was able to, and thus want to see the program continue its proven track record and hate to see its "good name" tarnished not only by the ilks such as Addy but some of the more recent trends that have occured in the training portion. 

Like NukeLDO said, sometimes it is just easier to bitch.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #26 on: Oct 01, 2009, 10:57 »
DDmurrary,

I don't think he is at NNPTC, but was relaying an incident that he had while he was a lonely little nub.  If I had to guess he is either a six and outer, or less than six and out with some help from people above him saying he needed to go away for one reason or another. 

Alas, he is much like a lot of ex nukes that were so full of bitterness that they don't realize the benefits they received from the program.  While I have had my rants on this forum and have been very critical of some aspects of the NNPP, I fully realize that the program has given me opportunities that would not be found without the program and the ability to take on obstacles that would make most college bound students tremble in fear.  Thus I am proud that I succedded in the program, excelled when I was able to, and thus want to see the program continue its proven track record and hate to see its "good name" tarnished not only by the ilks such as Addy but some of the more recent trends that have occured in the training portion. 

Like NukeLDO said, sometimes it is just easier to bitch.

You are probably correct, but it chaps me when 95% of nukes do the job, take the good with the bad, and move up or move out.   It bothers me that this vitriol gets read and seen as coming from a spokesman.  This reminds me of another "spokesman".  When I was a section advisor ar nuke school, I had a kid roll into my class who should have been de-nuked already, but had a medical problem so the command decided to give him a second (third) chance.  He was rolled back several weeks prior to where he had been rolled out and he became an immediate cancer to my section as well as a crappy student.  One night when I had the duty, he was on Ordered hours and I found him with his notes all closed, just sitting there shining his shoes.  I put him on report and by the time he went to mast, he had been late and shorted his IAO (Instructor Assistance Orders).  He was busted, denuked and sent to TPU.  Shortly after this, there was a navy-wide standdown because of Tailhook and all of NTC Orlando held the standdown.  In the next day's Orlando Sentinel was the headline (or words to the effect), "Boys will be boys".  Quoted in the story was NTC Orlando "spokesman" MMFA Soup Sandwich, who basically said there was nothing the navy could do about sexual harrassment.

DM
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Oct 01, 2009, 11:09 »
Addy's post might explain some of what we see in the fleet today.  That's frustrating.
As the chief/instructor/LPO/mentor, you are being given the keys to the kingdom.  Don't like how you were treated as an xx3, well, you now have the opportunity to utlize your ideas and skills and make the next MM3 better, trained the way you wish you were trained.  Guess its just easier to bitch.
In my opinion, if you aren't willing to shoulder the responsibility to make it a little better every day for the folks working for you, then you give up the right to complain.  Moving up brings with it more responsibility and authority.  Use it, respect it, or get out of the way.
The world needs ditch diggers too.

Well said!
T. Roosevelt

JsonD13

« Reply #28 on: Oct 02, 2009, 11:48 »

As someone who graduated the pipeline with a GPA greater than 3.7, I would have to find myself appalled at what you are writing.  You are obviously showing your lack of intelligence by your scathing insults.  If you do not have a flexible enough of a mind to be able to apply what they are teaching you in calculations that you would have otherwise performed in your head (I can calculate derivatives and integrate in my head and had to conform to doing it "their way" while I was there), then maybe you should look at yourself and assess whether you are really as smart as you say you are.  I would like to know what courses you are taking now, especially the differences in the pair production phemonena that you speak of.  And if you think I am another "diggit", you might want to search for other posts that I have made.

Jason

JsonD13

« Reply #29 on: Oct 02, 2009, 11:51 »

You might want to research your job more, the Navy has nothing in the nuclear program that is state of the art.  The technology in the power plants is straight out of the 60's (on the newer ships).  What you will get in your training is a power point lecture and a few books with pre-printed notes to study from.  BTW chemistry is only going to help you for one week throughout your year long classroom training.
Any more questions about it, just ask.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?