Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu I'm 20 points low on line scores for NF, I will be taking the Nuc Specific test.

Author Topic: I'm 20 points low on line scores for NF, I will be taking the Nuc Specific test.  (Read 5732 times)

BSteelin88

Depper: I know I am perfect for the nuclear field in the USN. I am enlisted as CTR right now, but I am studying to take the Nuclear Field test to change over to NF. ANY tips for this test will be appreciated and utilized. My math is solid I am efficient up to Algebra 2, and fuzzy up to Calculus. I have never taken a physics class, and my last Chem class was my senior year of High School (2003). I am 23, have an associates in science, all A's and B's. I was going into the medical field, but life changes. This is my goal, and I can accomplish anything, as long as I have the right info. WHAT do I need to pass this NUKE test and change over to NF before boot? Thanks so much.    ???

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Depper: I know I am perfect for the nuclear field in the USN.

Not to be TOO contrary, but how do you KNOW that you are a perfect fit for Nuclear, when you tested 20 pts low on line scores? Some self-confidence is okay, but the nuclear field is full of surprises. Never having taken a physics class is going to be a mild disadvantage, but you can still make it. http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,14706.msg83136.html#msg83136 has some good pointers.

Good Luck!

BSteelin88

My mistake not Xenophobe--- "Hydrodave63" lol. Just started on this site.

withroaj

... but I didn't join the Navy to become a janitor...

I don't think the nuclear program will resolve that for you there, cowpoke.  You might want to look into officer programs if you don't want to clean.  We enlisted folks ALL do our share of cleaning, and we have a pretty hefty share.  If you want to feel better about cleaning, though, you could look at it from a nicely skewed angle.  A former COB (probably the best that ever lived -- I'm pretty sure the whole crew would have followed him to hell and back) told us once that "our best method to combat fires is prevention.  Most shipboard fires are caused by cleanliness issues."   See?  You're not a janitor, you're the best kind of firefighter.  The kind that stops all of the fires before they start. :P

withroaj

It's not a matter of proving yourself at all, and I didn't mean to come across as condescending.  Just clarifying expectations.

EasyLivin

I'm not so sure that I would be proud about an 83 on the ASVAB. It may be great for a CT, but not cause to brag for a nuke. If you make it into the nuke field you may have the lowest score in your A-School class. However, CT's make rank kinda fast and have a decent job with little sea time. If you become a nuke you WILL go to sea a lot and will have a demanding qualification path. Don't fear though, my cousin is a CTR instructor right now. PM me and I can relay you info about being a CT, or I can give you some advice on what to expect as a nuke. Either way.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Boy BSteelin88's ego will end up writing a check his ass will not be able to cash...unless the military has gotten much kinder and gentler since I was in.

Hmmm that female symbol next to gender must be a ruse.  ;)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
a ruse or my bad...an obvious failure to self-check on somebody's part (likely mine) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

Normally I would not point out an obvious unintentional mistake but the beer made me do it in this case.  ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?