Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How to get postive karma honeypot

Author Topic: How to get postive karma  (Read 4046 times)

Cycoticpenguin

How to get postive karma
« on: Aug 21, 2009, 12:58 »
1) Blindly agree with everything senior members post No sense using that "questioning attitude"... and the navy has certainly stayed the same since they got out 10-20 years ago.
2) Be afraid to ask questions I know the search button will bring up a vaguely related topic most of the time, but god forbid you want specific answers to your specific questions
3) Kiss butt Cant get anywhere in life without a little brown nosing, right?
4) Try to get in with the "clique" better to be someones lapdog then to form your own opinions
5) Ignore peoples advice that have gone through the same thing recently those E-7/8/9's and O-4's can relate to your question, mm3.
6) Post stupid lists that no one cares about We dont have anything better to do anyway.

If you guys have an issue with how I answer things, feel free to send me a PM. Otherwise, Im going to continue responding how I do. Too bad if you dont like it. It seems most of you have forgotten that this site is a resource for questions and answers to help your shipmates out.

« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2009, 12:59 by Charlie Murphy »

BuddyThePug

Re: How to get postive karma
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:01 »
Too bad if you dont like it.

Ditto

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:22 »
That's all well and good, except your responses are never helpful.

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:31 »
That's all well and good, except your responses are never helpful.

Justin

so why do I always get random PM's with people asking for advice?... thats the only reason I ever come back here.

Glowing_Since_09

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:40 »
Ironic coming from a  - 107 karma

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:46 »
Ironic coming from a  - 107 karma

go study nub. When you start standing watch, you can grow a back bone. You arent even a nuke yet for god's sake...

That said, I used to have over 200+ karma, but I started getting negative when I called people out. A lot of people have correct information... 10 years ago. Nuke program is different, Navy is certainly different. Not their fault, they are merely removed from it. You apparently have time to get on here and chat away. Old timers wouldnt have had such luxuries, which obviously points out their differences from your circumstances. 

withroaj

« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:50 »
For a mere ten cents a day you can affect the karma of other members!  You'll also gain access to the most interesting discussions of our time (and realize that the discussions that wind up giving positive karma have a lot more to do with heated disagreement than kissing buns)!

I think the negative karma avalanche usually starts when someone comments on their lowering karma.  To be honest, I don't think I've ever clicked SMITE.

As George Orwell stated in his classic autobiographical novel Down and Out in Paris and London (loosely quoted): "At that time we were all convinced that these were noteworthy times and we a noteworthy group of people..."
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2009, 02:59 by withroaj »

Glowing_Since_09

« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:52 »
go study nub. When you start standing watch, you can grow a back bone. You arent even a nuke yet for god's sake...
 You apparently have time to get on here and chat away. Old timers wouldnt have had such luxuries

Sounds like something from the movie " A Few Good Men". Sorry bud, didn't know i was stepping on your toes.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #8 on: Aug 21, 2009, 01:56 »
Sounds like something from the movie " A Few Good Men". Sorry bud, didn't know i was stepping on your toes.

lol I dont really care dude. "Nub" is a loose term. I just dont like being "corrected" by people who dont understand the situation, thats all.

withroaj -> nice stab :D

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 21, 2009, 02:19 »
Does the term "Sour Grapes" mean anything to you? Or maybe "Boo-hoo, its not my fault nobody likes me!"

The way to get good Karma has nothing to do with kissing anything. It has everything to do with contributing to discussions in either a positive or entertaining way. Disagreeing with someone is just fine if you are civilized about it. As I once told someone else on this Forum, look at the two numbers under you name: Number of Posts and Karma. Think of those two numbers as your quantity and quality numbers. You affect the former and others affect the latter. The people that get bad numbers are fairly universally disruptive and rude and in general don't play well with others. People that disagree often get positive Karma just for contributing to interesting discourse. If it was a matter of agreeing all the time and kissing various parts of someone else's anatomy, Dave Warren would be well into negative numbers because he does neither. Camella Black would also have a dismal Karma score if disagreement with the majority meant anything in the rating system. So, if you are going to cry about your Karma, at least try to do a little looking for a real cause instead of imagining ways that you have been wronged and that some great conspiracy exists that is out to stifle opinions.

And, try to grow a set so you don't have to whimper so much.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #10 on: Aug 21, 2009, 02:47 »
That has been his MO ever since enlisting the Navy... "its THEIR fault, not mine."  :'(

He had nothing to do with his Karma, clearly.  ::)

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?