Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Qualification and Debt

Author Topic: Nuke Qualification and Debt  (Read 2873 times)

SeanHines

Nuke Qualification and Debt
« on: Aug 24, 2009, 03:14 »
Howdy gents

I have heard different information from different recruiters so I decided to find my own answers. I've recently taken the asvab and scored a 93, along with my line scores I do qualify for nuke. I have a recruiter in arizona that is telling me it will difficult for me to join the Navy, let alone the nuke program. I have spoken with recruiters from san diego and LA that have told me that my debt should be no problem at all!

My debt is two loans (one in colelctions) but I have worked out a payment plan for both loans and it only comes to 750 dollars a month to pay of the 13 thousand dollar total. I have no rent to pay and no other bills (and obivously upon entering the navy I wont have much of those either)

I am pretty unsure about what drives my recruiter here so any advice from people outside of that area would be greatly appreciated.

r,
    Sean

Glowing_Since_09

Re: Nuke Qualification and Debt
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2009, 03:41 »
One of the recruiters near my station got in trouble for having debt. But he's in the Navy already. I don't know how they deal with DEPs, but for what I know, all recruiters ask if you have debt while they work up your paper work.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2009, 03:56 »
As long as you disclose everything you should be fine. Try to hide it, and you are effed. Stop paying and you are effed as well. Sounds like you will be barracks poor for a long time with that high of a payment compared to what you will be bringing home every month.

It might slow your clearance a bit, but as long as what they find matches what you say, you will be fine.

Your recruiter got in trouble because he stopped paying his bills.

Justin
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2009, 03:59 by JustinHEMI »

SeanHines

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2009, 05:07 »
Thanks for the info Justin. This recruiter here is saying that it would be hard for me simply to enlist in the Navy just because of this debt. Im not sure if he is uninformed, doesn't want to deal with me, or if there is some information that I am not aware of. He is the only person Ive mentioned me situation to that is even considering my debt a problem. I was under the impression that there were nuke recruiters- can anyone confirm this and possibly let me know how to contact one in Arizona?

r,
   Sean

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2009, 10:42 »
Hmm that, I don't know. but I can tell you that I have personally counselled several young sailors with exorbitant amounts of debt that was assumed pre-Navy.

Its amazing how much debt an 18-20 year can accumulate in a short amount of time.

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?