Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Looking at NUKE pamphlet
honeypot

Author Topic: Looking at NUKE pamphlet  (Read 4705 times)

Glowing_Since_09

Looking at NUKE pamphlet
« on: Aug 24, 2009, 03:46 »
The Navy produces a pamphlet advertising their Nuke program. Near the middle of it, there's a chart showing a Nuke's progress through school and boot camp etc. But I notice that it says 2 months at boot camp, then A school right after. Talking to other sailors, they say that boot camp is 3 months because of combat training. Does this 3rd month not apply to us Nukes? Or is it a hidden feature that just isn't in the pamphlet?

withroaj

Re: Looking at NUKE pamphlet
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2009, 06:37 »
The Navy produces a Reactor Plant Manual advertising the care and feeding of the fancy nuclear propulsion plants.  Near the middle of one of them, there's a procedure for doing a routine evolution.  The RPM says run the thingy for less than 30 seconds, then slowly crack the whatnot and watch level change, then shut the whatnot when level stops changing, and repeat until a <0.X change is observed.  Talking to other sailors, they say that you can run the thingy with the whatnot cracked and still come up with numbers that track.

Smell what I'm cookin'?  Stick with the approved references (even if they're pamphlets) and you'll be fine.  Either way, two months for boot camp or three?  You will owe 72 (plus 24 reserve) months to the Navy... What's one month?  Don't forget to have fun with it.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2009, 09:26 by withroaj »

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2009, 07:32 »
The Navy produces a Reactor Plant Manual advertising the care and feeding of the fancy nuclear propulsion plants.  Near the middle of one of them, there's a procedure for doing a routine evolution.  The RPM says run the thingy for less than 30 seconds, then slowly crack the whatnot and watch level change, then shut the whatnot when level stops changing, and repeat until a <0.X change is observed.  Talking to other sailors, they say that you can run the thingy with the whatnot cracked and still come up with numbers that track.

Smell what I'm cookin'?  Stick with the approved references (even if they're pamphlets) and you'll be fine.  Either way, two months for boot camp or three?  You will owe 72 (plus 24 reserve) months to the Navy... What's one month?  Don't forget to have fun with it.

I think the worst part of that entire post is the fact that I know exactly what the heck you are talking about.  OY VEY!!!!!
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2009, 10:39 »
Me too.  :P

Justin

Gavrilova

« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2009, 02:10 »
I just graduated boot camp 7AUG09 it was 8 weeks. But it was really boring. I heard rumors about making it 13 weeks sometime in OCT. But those are rumors.

Glowing_Since_09

« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2009, 05:10 »
Convenient, I go to boot camp in OCT :/

EasyLivin

« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2009, 08:40 »
I heard rumors about making it 13 weeks sometime in OCT. But those are rumors.

That's funny. This same rumor was floating around when I was in boot camp about 9 years ago  :P.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2009, 08:40 by EasyLivin »

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Sep 06, 2009, 05:22 »
Glowing Since 09 is a rumor blackhole, put a rumor anywhere near him and he'll suck it in.

Mike

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2009, 08:10 »
Glowing Since 09 is a rumor blackhole, put a rumor anywhere near him and he'll suck it in.

Mike

He'll make a good ET someday ::)
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2009, 08:11 by Gamecock »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Glowing_Since_09

« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2009, 03:35 »
I like to prepare for everything as I possibly can. :)

But I'll take nothing to heart. You guys taught me that.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?