Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Getting Access - The Timeframe  

Author Topic: Getting Access - The Timeframe  (Read 3596 times)

nrlien

Getting Access - The Timeframe
« on: Sep 15, 2009, 05:10 »
I sent in my PHQ about 2 weeks ago. My 1st day is at the end of this month. I know they hired a ton of new guys, so I figured they might get backlogged a bit. How long does it normally take to gain access? It is for an L level clearance for an NRC plant. Will I hear anything until my 1st day? Just curious on how all of this works. I have a friend who got a job at Entergy, and the whole think took a little over a week.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2009, 05:12 by nrlien »

co60slr

Re: Getting Access - The Timeframe
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2009, 07:12 »
I sent in my PHQ about 2 weeks ago. My 1st day is at the end of this month. I know they hired a ton of new guys, so I figured they might get backlogged a bit. How long does it normally take to gain access? It is for an L level clearance for an NRC plant. Will I hear anything until my 1st day? Just curious on how all of this works. I have a friend who got a job at Entergy, and the whole think took a little over a week.

Thanks!

I assume you'll take the "benchmarking" advice you left others in this forum and will be wearing a "contamination suit" to find your answers with your new employer.   (See your previous posting for your own answers).

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2009, 09:53 »
Depending on how responsive your references are, and how responsive the people they know that know you are, etc. it could take up to 90 days.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2009, 09:26 »
...or they could finish it in an afternoon...if all your 'developed references' happen to fall in place...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

nrlien

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2009, 09:49 »
I assume you'll take the "benchmarking" advice you left others in this forum and will be wearing a "contamination suit" to find your answers with your new employer.   (See your previous posting for your own answers).

you do realize that I gave the guy a real answer to his question way before I left my stupid answer.

nrlien

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2009, 09:59 »
Thanks for everyone's replies. I kinda figured that the timeframe really varies from plant to plant, and from job to job. So thanks for showing me that that is the case!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?