Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Health Physics Technician adaptation for UK workers?

Author Topic: Health Physics Technician adaptation for UK workers?  (Read 3419 times)

Viner

Hi, its my first post on the site so please forgive any mistakes I make.

I'm currently working as a "Health Physics Technician in the UK and have 24 years experience in the nuclear industry, I've worked at numerous UK facilities providing operational/decomissioning cover as well as working over seas (Syria) providing HP coverage for a NORM descaling plant.

I'm currently researching various facilities in Canada to potentially continue my nuclear career as we would love to emigrate.

Can anyone tell me if they know of HPT that have come from the UK to live/work in Canada and if they have if there is any form of adaptation exam that I would need to sit to enable me to gain employment in Canada?

Any comments/information would be greatly appreciated.

Viner
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2009, 04:02 by Viner »

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Health Physics Technician adaptation for UK workers?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2009, 07:40 »
Hi, its my first post on the site so please forgive any mistakes I make.

I'm currently working as a "Health Physics Technician in the UK and have 24 years experience in the nuclear industry, I've worked at numerous UK facilities providing operational/decomissioning cover as well as working over seas (Syria) providing HP coverage for a NORM descaling plant.

I'm currently researching various facilities in Canada to potentially continue my nuclear career as we would love to emigrate.

Can anyone tell me if they know of HPT that have come from the UK to live/work in Canada and if they have if there is any form of adaptation exam that I would need to sit to enable me to gain employment in Canada?

Any comments/information would be greatly appreciated.

Viner

PM Stormgoalie - he's in Canada.... :)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Viner

Re: Health Physics Technician adaptation for UK workers?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2009, 04:04 »
Thanks for the thread  ;), will drop him a line.

Viner

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?