Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke ET qual'd SRO 2+ years gettin out in little over a year...what next? honeypot

Author Topic: Nuke ET qual'd SRO 2+ years gettin out in little over a year...what next?  (Read 3865 times)

Offline C_dzendolet

• Lurker
Hello everyone! Getting out of the navy relatively soon (6 years contract) and wanting to work at nuclear power plants in TX. I believe there is a civ reactor called Comanche Peak near Dallas, which is exactly where I would love to work.  Wondering what to do.  Do I try to contact them somehow, or do I try to go through a headhunter? Any thoughts? Would very much appreciate anything anyone has to say.

Offline Creeker

• Moderate User
Where to begin... I hardly ever say it... But read the forums.  Do a little research.

Next, SRO in the navy doesn't mean at all the same thing as in the commercial world.  Obviously you're qualified RO.. Which matters.  PPWS?  Have your degree?  Have a care whether you work operations or maintenance?

Go to google.  I'll bet you'll find out if Commanche Peak is really near Dallas.  Then find out who owns Commanche Peak.  Then go to their website, and search for Careers.  And see if they're posting any jobs. 

We're here to help, but do a little groundwork first.

Offline x633ro

• Light User
Hello everyone! Getting out of the navy relatively soon (6 years contract) and wanting to work at nuclear power plants in TX. I believe there is a civ reactor called Comanche Peak near Dallas, which is exactly where I would love to work.  Wondering what to do.  Do I try to contact them somehow, or do I try to go through a headhunter? Any thoughts? Would very much appreciate anything anyone has to say.
https://txuenergyexperienced.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/searchjobs_quick.cgi type in key word nuclear and just a heads up SRO Navy does not equate to SRO commercial
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2009, 08:41 by x633ro »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?