Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke School

Author Topic: Nuke School  (Read 4552 times)

nuketech33

Nuke School
« on: Nov 18, 2009, 08:06 »
Does any one know what the vehicle situation is down in Charleson for school? can you have a car? I wanted to take my car down there and i didn't know if I would have a parking spot. I also was thinking about buying a motorcycle down there. Would I have a place to put it?

P.S. i don't want responses telling me what you think about having a vehicle down there or your opinion about it. I just want to know if I can have a vehicle or vehicles down at school. Thank you.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
Re: Nuke School
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2009, 08:25 »
Ok Nuketech,

First, this should probably be under the Navy Nuke:Getting In portion of the forum. 

Secondly, I know that it has been discussed on here before about the car situation.  Look here.....

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,3341.0.html

Thirdly, as far as a motorcycle, you will have a place to park it, but you can't drive your motorcycle on base unless you take and pass their motorcycle safety course.  You will also be required to wear much more safety equipment while on a motorcycle than other operators because you are in the Navy. 

Fourthly, I don't recommend dictating what you want to hear and what you don't want to hear.  If you come asking for information, you must be willing to take that information in any and all forms that are provided. 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2009, 08:26 »
Don't dictate what you want to hear. No one cares.

nuketech33

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2009, 01:49 »
one: Thank you Preciousblue1965. Sorry about that. I just posted it. I didn't look around first, my fault. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll take the advice.

Two: "Broadzilla: Don't be a jerk please. I didn't do anything to you. "No one cares"...uncalled for if you ask me.

Thanks again.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2009, 03:05 »
Time to pop some corn.  8)

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2009, 11:21 »
Time to pop some corn.  8)

You gonna share some of that popcorn?
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2009, 12:02 »
"P.S. i don't want responses telling me what you think about having a vehicle down there or your opinion about it."

< 7 gm/cm3 ?   :P

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2009, 12:09 »
nuketech33:

Welcome to Nukeworker.com... but I see the unofficial welcome wagon got here first.

And thank you for your future service.

While it is tempting to say something like 'Pay no attention to Broadzilla' that would some of the worst advice I could give you. You may not like his delivery, but he gives some of the most accurate and useful advice on this forum. He is a shift Manager in a commercial plant and if you are looking forward to a commercial career after you leave the Canoe Club you are likely to work for someone just like him.

Most importantly, if you are in the habit of demanding specific answers and you don't like a taste of arrogance with your answer, you have made a severe mistake by joining the Navy, particularly the Nuclear Navy. And forget about the commercial field after you get out. If you think Broadzilla was tough, you are in for a real surprise.

Having said all of that, we (the Forum Staff) would appreciate it if you did take the time to look first to see if your question has been asked and answered (most have.) I have read your posts and this is not the first time you have ended up with people recommending you do some research. When questions get asked and answered repeatedly, the site becomes a mess and it takes more work to keep it organized... and it makes it less likely that the next guy finds what he is looking for. A little effort on your part will go along way to helping us (we do this for free so that others can gain from the collective knowledge.) On top of that, it will do a little more toward preparing you for the next few years of your life, where you will be required to do your own research and people will be far less forgiving than Broadzilla. He may annoy you, but the next guy you take that attitude with might be able to seriously impact your life. Just friendly advice.

Thanks for your cooperation, and thanks again for your future service.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?