Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Turkey on a Sub honeypot

Author Topic: Turkey on a Sub  (Read 3853 times)

Offline greenbean

• Moderate User
Turkey on a Sub
« on: Nov 25, 2009, 01:23 »
I know a lot of people don't get to celebrate Thanksgiving with their families if they are deployed or are out to sea.

I'm curious where some of you celebrated thanksgiving while under way. Did you have turkeys brought on board? Was there a port visit you remember?

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2009, 01:45 by greenbean »
neutrons... Neutrons... NEUTRONS!

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
Re: Turkey on a Sub
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2009, 01:32 »
In my 9+ years in, I enjoyed 4 Thanksgiving meals while on "training missions in international waters...." We had a turkey like substance once, but the other 3 were on Surf-n-Turf nights and you don't cancel those....

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline DLGN25

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2009, 09:46 »
Not on a sub or a nuke, but on a tin can in the Indian Ocean, steaming on Condition II watches during the lead up to the Indian-Pakistani war in 1971.  We had turkey on that Thanksgiving day.  Still on Condition II most of the time when Christmas rolled around and we had turkey once again.  All we wanted was to return to the Gulf of Tonkin and those Condition III watches, and of course, combat theater pay.

Surely oak and three-fold brass surrounded his heart who first trusted a frail vessel to a merciless ocean.  Horace

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2009, 06:11 »
I know a lot of people don't get to celebrate Thanksgiving with their families if they are deployed or are out to sea.

I'm curious where some of you celebrated thanksgiving while under way. Did you have turkeys brought on board? Was there a port visit you remember?

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Lobster is "Turkey of the Sea"  ;)

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2009, 07:44 »
neither does Nuke girl !!!!!!

It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2009, 07:52 »
More bugs for me, pass the butter.  8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?