Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Female SRO's

Author Topic: Female SRO's  (Read 16215 times)

Charlie

Female SRO's
« on: Dec 23, 2009, 11:58 »
Does anybody know a PWR Female SRO?

Fermi2

Re: Female SRO's
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2009, 12:00 »
Yes I work with 2. One is a fellow Shift Manager, the other is a Unit Supervisor. We also have one who will be licensing very soon.

Charlie

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2009, 12:04 »
What type of background do they have? Were they NLO's first or The instant kind?

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2009, 12:21 »
2 were NLOs.
The one in training is an instant with a Navy background.

I forgot the most important one! Debbie at TMI. She was an engineer at Fermi. Instant at TMI.
She rocks!

Charlie

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2009, 01:04 »
Maybe I should start with a little info. I Have been in the industry for 10 years I started in a NLO training programme and got a RO license. I'm currently working as a RO.  I have the opportunity to apply for the next SRO course, there has never has been a female SRO here so I have none to ask about it. A guys perspective and advice would do, but it would be cool if there was a female SRO in here somewhere :)

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2009, 01:12 »
Hmmm not sure there are any on NW, but for what its worth, GO FOR IT! Be the first. :)

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2009, 02:25 »
Maybe I should start with a little info. I Have been in the industry for 10 years I started in a NLO training programme and got a RO license. I'm currently working as a RO.  I have the opportunity to apply for the next SRO course, there has never has been a female SRO here so I have none to ask about it. A guys perspective and advice would do, but it would be cool if there was a female SRO in here somewhere :)

Why does Gender make a difference? Your license isn't gender specific.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2009, 02:43 »
Why does Gender make a difference? Your license isn't gender specific.

Sensitive as ever, but that is OK, we would assume someone stole your identity otherwise!!! Maybe giving one of your female SROs a heads up and a link to CW would be helpful. I understand her apprehension, I agree it should not matter but in reality it does (at least to CW). You wouldn't even lose any curmudgeon points as we coerced you into it.

Charlie

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2009, 02:54 »
Agreed that the license isn't gender specific.
However some of the desicions that need to be made are.
It is a mans world out there and like it or not and although there are some great women in it their numbers are few. It would be great to know if any of them had gender specific battles that they faught.
I know all people are not a like, but it does take a certain type of person to be an operator, we are kind of a breed on own ;), I was just wondering what the female of the species was like. Don't you ever wonder if you are normal?  

Charlie

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2009, 02:58 »
Marlin, Thanks
Broadzilla, don't worry about it.
Justin, Congratulations and thanks!!

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2009, 05:36 »
LOL, cw normal is a relative term on this site.  What I think is normal to my wife is......well lets just say i get this look  ???.  Good luck on your pursuit, and I hope a female does give you some insight.....we men have no idea what goes on in that head of yalls.

Fermi2

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2009, 05:36 »
No, I don't give a damn about being normal. I only care about being right and operating the plant correctly.
If you're concerned about gender "battles" being fought vice being a good SRO then perhaps you shouldn't try to get the SRO License.
By the way, I'd be glad to give her Debbie from TMI's contact information as Deb and I still email at least once a week or so, HOWEVER she didn't ask for contact info. If she wants to be an SRO she needs to just come straight out and say what she wants.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2009, 05:39 by Broadzilla »

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:41 »
I worked for a female Shift Manager.  She moved up to being a manager of another department.  I don't think your concern about the gender issue should concern you.  I do know some people have the gender issue, but I think most people don't care.  You have proven that you can get a license.

Getting qualified should not be a problem for you.  If the SROs are management, they will not get in the way of quals because they know how serious the issue of harassment would be for them.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:53 »
CW correct me if im wrong here, but your not interested in gender issues here or harassment, all you want is a womans perspective on what it is like going through the SRO training, correct?  (ie the class work, how it maybe for woman to grasp certain concepts, the simulator, and stuff like that)  I dont think your wanting to turn this into some gender war, you just want a perspective.

Right, wrong, maybe?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2009, 10:03 »
I dont think your wanting to turn this into some gender war, you just want a perspective.

Right, wrong, maybe?

from the wide-lapel archives of yesteryear...

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2009, 10:23 »
LMAO!!! I havent seen that show in so long!!  Im still laughing, that was a good one.  Touche.  ;D

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2009, 05:36 »
from the wide-lapel archives of yesteryear...

Ilove this movie.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2009, 12:13 by The Nutty Neutron »

Charlie

« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2009, 06:12 »
B.Presgrove, hitting the nail on it's head was never my strong point. You have good aim.
Thats what I was looking for. I thought it would be interesting and maybe I could already start prep with some advice, especially if there are concept issues.
The only real female specific questions I have are related to going through an SRO course was how it effect's you and your family. Are there female SRO's out there with kids?That was the only mushy question I had that I expected a different answer to then I would get from a guy.
Our SRO's are in management and they are the ones pushing me to go for it, harrassment never even crossed my mind.

Fermi2

« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:20 »
So the way I understand it, you believe the only SRO's to go through SRO Training that have kids are females?
I must have shipped my kids off both times I went through SRO Training.

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:12 »
So the way I understand it, you believe the only SRO's to go through SRO Training that have kids are females?
I must have shipped my kids off both times I went through SRO Training.

I hope you treat your kids better than you do the NUBs on this forum.  :) I can only imagine what it's like at your dinner table.

CHILD: daddy, can I be excused from the table?  im not hungry no more.
BZ: You're not hungry ANY more. Take some grammar lessons.  And work on your capitalization too.
CHILD: But...
BZ: Stop whining, NUB.  Eat your vegetables.
CHILD: I don't want to!
BZ: If you don't eat your vegetables, you're going to end up as a janitor pushing a broom for the next 30 years.
CHILD: Daddy, you're mean.
BZ: If you want 45 warm fuzzies and a pat on the head, go ask your mother.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2009, 01:13 by sovbob »
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Fermi2

« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:53 »
Actually yes that is how I treat my kids. And yes my kids love me to death. I have a Deans List Junior at Tennessee Tech and a daughter who's teachers call her Assassin because she kills any assignment given to her. She has a 109 Average taking all AP and Dual Credit courses.
I'd put either in a nuclear plant over about 3/4 of the Navy nukes I see posting here.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:56 »
CHILD: daddy, can be excused from the table?  im not hungry no more.
BZ: You're not hungry ANY more. Take some grammar lessons.  And work on your capitalization too.
CHILD: But...
BZ: Stop whining, NUB.  Eat your vegetables.
CHILD: I don't want to!
BZ: If you don't eat your vegetables, you're going to end up as a janitor pushing a broom for the next 30 years.
CHILD: Daddy, you're mean.
BZ: If you want 45 warm fuzzies and a pat on the head, go ask your mother.

Now that's funny...don't matter who ya are!  Git'r'done....

Fermi2

« Reply #22 on: Dec 24, 2009, 01:01 »
Agreed!!!

Offline flatlander86

• Very Lite User
« Reply #23 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:33 »
Actually yes that is how I treat my kids. And yes my kids love me to death. I have a Deans List Junior at Tennessee Tech and a daughter who's teachers call her Assassin because she kills any assignment given to her. She has a 109 Average taking all AP and Dual Credit courses.
I'd put either in a nuclear plant over about 3/4 of the Navy nukes I see posting here.

whose*

Couldn't resist...  :D

M1Ark

« Reply #24 on: Apr 01, 2010, 12:41 »
Does anybody know a PWR Female SRO?

yes

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?